Respected Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields New Fashion Line Comes to QVC

She must have spoken to Martha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is O/T but her book “Down Came the Rain” about post partum depression was a great read. 

Valued Contributor

meh

Honored Contributor

Brooke has a lot of experience in the Fashion world because she grew up in it. She was very young when she was doing a lot of editorial modeling for Bloomingdale's and other high end retailers. I remember the first time I saw her in the Bloomingdale Christmas catalogue that she would probably be a star. She has modeled for some of the best fashion photographers in the world, Scavullo being one of them. She probably picked up a lot of knowledge of what flatters a woman.

I am really looking forward to actually watching QVC again and see what she brings. I rarely watch anymore so this will be a treat. I also like the idea that she is tall, so I probably will find her pants will fit me because I need a long inseam.

I wish her well.....

Honored Contributor

@handygal2

She's come a long way since pretty baby and that horrid movie where she was stranded on an island! ? And her acting chops have improved dramatically. pun intended LOL

Honored Contributor

As long as its not the Rita Glossner look I'm ok. 

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/themiddle/images/a/a6/9b851b8d72434c80d1751ae2dd16dc4f.jpg/revis...

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

IIRC she has/ has had deals for toothpaste, Latisse (lashes), La-Z-Boy, etc.

It's all about the $$$$$.  I am tired of seeing her endorse everything.

Brooke Shields for Royal Velvet

Brooke Shields for Colgate Total

Brooke Shields for Latisse

Brooke Shields for La-z-boy Furniture

So she shouldn't continue to make a living? Because every sponsor needs and pays people to advertise their goods. sometimes they pay models, actors, or just regular people to do it. I have no problem with Brooke endorsing products, so far she at least seems to pick things that are not offensive and she most likely uses. 

She's a businesswoman who is also an actor, but as women age in that business, they get less and less offers so why shouldn't she do more things to make a living? I think she's cool and her clothes probably will be too. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@handygal2

She's come a long way since pretty baby and that horrid movie where she was stranded on an island! ? And her acting chops have improved dramatically. pun intended LOL

@Andreatoo: Yes... The Blue Lagoon. I had forgotten about that one-- very forgettable, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Here we go again.When there is nothing else to try an make money,start selling clothes line.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper- Just saw your post...thanks for letting us know as I had no idea about her line coming to QVC.  Being the same age, I remember her all through my growing-up years and have always been fond of her.  I'm 5'9" and looking forward to what she's got in store for us tall gals!