Honored Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields New Fashion Line Comes to QVC

@Kachina624 wrote:

That flowered gown fabric looks as though it ought to be on a sofa.  Very ordinary, rather matronly collection but I'm relieved to see she has her own road-kill vest.

@Kachina624  Lol 😂 😂😂

Respected Contributor

I detect a tone of bitterness in your comment. No need for that. I wish her well with her new venture. It's always nice to see new clothing vendors on the Q whether they are celebraties or not. Looking forward to her first show.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Home shopping channels have become the old burial ground for has been or never was “celebrities.”

It seems anyone can “design.”

This is an insult to real designers,  Louis D, Bob Mackie

George Simonton, Lori Goldstein, Susan Graver.....

It is rare when a “celebrity/star” has a real talent- Catherine Zeta-Jones is one, Joan Rivers was another.

Personally, seeing a “name” puts me on notice re higher prices, often poorer products.

@IMW  Speaking of “has been celebrities”, what happened after the first few appearances by Suzanne Somers?

Honored Contributor

I have always admired her beauty and style, she is one big, tall lady so fingers crossed tall girls that she will be accommodating the tall women.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Here we go again.........another whana-be.  (yawn)

@fthunt......  Another wanna-be???   Are you kidding me, Brooke Shields has been around for many, many years, LOL!  I would imagine her line would be very classic, like what she wears in her Lazy-Boy commercials!

Respected Contributor

Wait, so you're saying that the photos posted earlier are her collection? Doesn't look like it to me. Anyway, there's a longer article here about it:

QVC and Brooke Shields Prove Fashion is Timeless

The major points are as follows:

Featuring an assortment of sophisticated separates, including classic button-ups, flowy blouses, tailored bottoms, flirty skirts, colorful scarves and contemporary fashion jewelry, it has never been easier to mix and match like a pro, creating personalized looks. With designs that effortlessly translate from day to night, this versatile collection is perfectly suited for every woman and any occasion.

"After years of being dressed by professionals, I walked into my closet one day and realized I had lost sight of my own personal style," said Brooke Shields. "I am incredibly passionate about this collection because I have created pieces that are not only chic, but that take the guess-work out of getting ready each morning. I can't wait to share this line with the QVC customer, and I truly hope it helps women look and feel their best each day."

Items from the Brooke Shields Timeless collection are scheduled to be available beginning February 15 through QVC.com, the QVC apps or by calling 800.345.1515.

Here's a photo from the article:

1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Wasn't she the neighbor in the Middle? Thought she was very,very good. And funny

Honored Contributor

Think her last name was Glossner.

Honored Contributor

She's come a long way since "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins." Lol.

l enjoyed seeing her in Law and Order SVU, playing the grandmother of Olivia Benson's adopted son. She's a good dramatic actress.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe she also was a new neighbor in Two And A Half Men, too.   Very talented actress.  Smart, too.  Princeton (?) graduate.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).