Honored Contributor

Re: Brooke Shields New Fashion Line Comes to QVC

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I thought she sold furniture.   So now is she going to LIVE LIFE COMFORTABLY in her Calvin Klein spinoff jeans on QVC?  🙄 please!

She does commercials for a furniture store and now she'll be the "face" for this new Qvc line.  I imagine real designers find this celeb foolishness infuriating.  

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

When it says her line is ''designed specifically for QVC'' I am immediately turned off. They probably dictated to her what the Q's customers like and told her to take it from there-OR, they did most of the designing and with approval by Ms. Shields, she put her name on them. That's the take I have on most of the celebrity clothes.

This is exactly what will happen.

I was watching Clinton Kelly this week and as a former QVC Host, he is uniquely gifted in his presentations with walking the line between what QVC forces him to do and tell you how you really should wear the garment.  There was a dress that came up and he walked right over to the model and took the belt off.  You know that in meetings he lost the argument about the best and so QVC made them put the belt on it and he is now telling you to wear it without the best and snip the loops off.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

It's always a turn off when a celebrity brings a line to QVC for some reason.  They're just a paid endorser of the product.  

I'm curious what the line will look like...

Honored Contributor

I didn't know she did all those other endorsements. Probably trying to be another Kathy Ireland.

That's how actors and actresses who can't get work make money. I read that Busy Phillips said she makes more money posting products on Instagram than she does acting.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

This is from QVC’s FB page today about Brooke Shields:

“Known for gracing red carpets and the pages of top lifestyle magazines, Brooke Shields has spent a lifetime being dressed by some of the world’s top fashion designers and stylists. Now, she is introducing her own line of contemporary wardrobe staples with Brooke Shields Timeless, an apparel and accessories line created especially for QVC®. Brooke is scheduled to present select items from the collection on Thursday, February 15 at 7 PM (ET), with the full collection launching on Wednesday, March 14 at 11 PM (ET).”

Has anyone seen any of her fashion items? This is the first I’ve heard of it.  Interested.

@Caaareful Shopper  Oh Geeeez! First, out of nowhere, Martha Stewart is a fashion maven, Lisa Rinna makes it possible for “Harry never to work again” & now Brooke Shields?  Heidi Klum tried jewelry years ago (X), Zoe’s line (X), Wendy Williams (X)....Who’s next?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

When it says her line is ''designed specifically for QVC'' I am immediately turned off. They probably dictated to her what the Q's customers like and told her to take it from there-OR, they did most of the designing and with approval by Ms. Shields, she put her name on them. That's the take I have on most of the celebrity clothes.

@Judaline

That gives me pause too. But the truth of the matter is the shopping channels control what the designers bring anyway. Pamela Dennis was very candid during an HSN presentation about the buyer's involvement in her line. Funny we haven't seen her since!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm holding out and waiting for some imaginative and unusual styles by Honey Bo Bo's Mama June at Wal-Mart prices.

Oh yes!  And I do like the way she dresses on The Middle!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have many pieces of Martha Stewart's line. Everything I bought is well made. It fits well ,and launders well., and they are comfortable is also what is in fashion at the present. Not dowdy . Her garments sold out fast. She is bringing in more and I can' wait

Everything I bought is as good as anything Talbots sells ,and they are cheaper

Read her reviews. Many people knock someone ,just because they have never tried anything they are involved with, or because they don't like them.  I actually try things ,and judge  after that. If you don't you aren't being fair.

An opinion isn't the same a review. People often spout off about things they know nothing about, first hand.  If you own something ,and it is a substandard product ,that is entirely different

Honored Contributor

I would prefer to see more real designers than celebrity lines, but I am willing to take a look before judging. I like clothes shopping so even if I don’t buy anything, it will be interesting for me to see her things. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the alert!   I'm looking forward to seeing Brooke's fashions!

'For sure' QVC is the highest of quality in the home shopping industry.  More and more designers, celebrities, actors, etc. are attracted the Q.  

Btw: I'm only guessing that many of them are reading our comments here!   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).