Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bring back the tees from the good old days

I couldn't agree more! I just had to respond to this post. Years ago, the Q offered cotton T's and better quality clothing. Now, whether its Denim & Co., or Susan Graver, the T's are thinner, and woven with stretchy (rubbery) polester - with high prices. I stopped buying for that very reason. I can go to any brick and mortar store and find what I want....for less. Also, the styles seem frumpy to me as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I too love 100% cotton but I am afraid I am in the minority.  

I'm with you! I think many women want what we do. Unfortunately, the Q offers cotton/poly mix.....and $$ at that. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@avid shopper wrote:

I too love 100% cotton but I am afraid I am in the minority.  

I'm with you! I think many women want what we do. Unfortunately, the Q offers cotton/poly mix.....and $$ at that. 

@Effie54  I don't mind a mix if there is just enough to keep the shirts from wrinkling so much or shrinking so much but the Q is giving you more rubbery than cottony.  I do like cotton but I do not mind the blend if it is minimal and keeps the need for ironing to a minimum.  It's when you can bounce the shirt, like those being sold at the Q now, that I do not want.

Honored Contributor

Deluth Trading, LL Bean, Orvis and Amazon all have 100% cotton tees.  Just a little searching on your part will get you what you are looking for.  Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Give me the newer fabric blends anytime over 100% cotton.

My favorite are the Hanes Sport  Cool-Dri .... 100% poly!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years and years ago I bought several warm sweaters from QVC. They were by Denim & Company and were 97% cotton, 2% nylon and 1% spandex. It was the first time I'd purchased anything other than 100% cotton . . . and I was hesitant! They arrived and the cotton content was a high-grade cotton. The sweaters are thick, warm and I'm still wearing A-55146 sweaters most winters! (Don't know if they are still available to view on-line or not.) I'd LOVE to see this kind of clothing back on QVC. 

As recent poster asked about cotton/ramie blends and I responded that I had found several sweaters which had been purchased a long time ago from QVC. Again, they are Denim & Company, A-31822, 55% Ramie and 45% Cotton. I've laundered them and am wearing one today. It was 19 degrees after I showered and dressed this morning. This sweater is also a thick cotton blend and is warm. I believe these sweaters were the last purchases from Denim & Company I have made. Since then, nothing has appealed to me since the merchandise is primarily cotton blended with polyester or other synthetics, which make me very cold.

I believe both A-55146 and A-31822 are Item Number long before Gary Gorenson's time. How I'd love to have him go through some of the old merchandise and see what quality items Denim & Company used to sell on QVC. Both of the items I've listed were sell-outs IIRC and were repeated the following year(s) in more colors! Of course, I added additional sweaters. Now, I'm so pleased to have these thick, warm sweaters to wear! 

In the meantime, I've found a place in Europe to buy cotton, linen, silk and wool tops. The quality is amazing; styles for warm or cold weather; the Customer Service is exceptional; prices are reasonable; the shipping is quick and free if under $100 (and I always spend over that!); returns are easy, fast and sent to NYC (not an expensive postage). It's a win-win and has replaced my shopping with QVC's Denim and Company for many years. Please check on-line: WoolOvers dot com USA

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

IM’s pima cotton tops are quite substantial imo. 

Regular Contributor

I agree! Why have so many of the "basics" become "slinky" and thin? I detest "rayon span" and anything with spandex, for that matter. Please bring back the thicker, quality 100% cotton. 

Honored Contributor

My preference for tees is 95 cotton/5 spandex. One hundred percent cotton wrinkles and is often shapeless on me

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I see 100% cotton tshirts, so with a little research you should be able to find them.  If you are talking about the ones that are short, with no shape to them, you might check Goodwill and other thrift stores.  That's where all of mine went, and I see racks and racks of them when I go in those stores.  Lots of them practically brand new, like mine were.  I moved away from that style mostly because of leggings.