Esteemed Contributor

Bring back the models, please

I requested in the Suggestion Box for QVC to bring back more models like it used to have, and received a lot of support from other posters, nothing from QVC.

New York, California, and Washington studios seem to be bringing many people on set, but QVC, which needs the extra models to show the fashion, does not.  All they do is move around the hangers and show the colors repeatedly.  Pretty sick of that.

But there was a breath of fresh air in the Friyay fashion show -- New to me vendor Rubin Singer appeared with a model to present  a duster, something I would not buy, but so nice to see him styling a model!

Hopefully Q will bring the models back soon and cut down on the crosstalk and clanking of hangers.

Courtney, Jane and Susan Graver are on now, loud, all at the same time.  Changing the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bring back the models, please

Agree - changed the channel also.

Two alpha females trying to be center stage.    (S & J)

It drives customers away - but that's Q's problem - not mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Agree - changed the channel also.

Two alpha females trying to be center stage.    (S & J)

It drives customers away - but that's Q's problem - not mine.

So much better if they would use the time to show the fashion on models!!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

To be fair, they use the hosts as models.  Hosts get paid pretty well.  But for QVC, they model the clothing for free. 

Contributor

Agree, I was watching HSN for a change and did a double-take when there were 2-3 models in the very same camera shot. Maybe differences in FL vs PA rules, still.

Also while I like the vendor shows on QVC2, it is a problem to not see anyone wearing the item when they just hold it up to their home camera, noticed this with shoes especially. Maria of Barefoot Dreams, who is great, did an hour show and modeled each item herself, and it was like she had been through a gauntlet by the end, lol.
Contributor

Re: hosts modeling, my favorite shows are the Belle by KG shows Saturday nights. Besides them being so fun, for the main items they’ll usually have both Courtney and Kim wearing them plus maybe 1-2 other models, and I find C&K especially are like the perfect yin yang of different body types and looks to really assess the item. I always buy (too many!) things from their shows Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I like to see several models wearing the garment/shoe/handbag in the different colors in the same shot so I can see how it looks on different people and the different colors.  They used to do this all the time and it worked.  At a minimum, one missy, one plus model.  On big fashions shows, more.  Now we have hosts holding hangers, "let me show you the colors", several times on each presentation.  Because no one is wearing the colors.  Not good.

I don't even like the boxed side by side shots because the models are not actually standing side by side and we get no sense of proportion.  Also, they can't move because they may get out of the box shot.

In today's Saturday Morning Q, Kerstin and Alberti appeared together on set and told us it was OK because they are both vaccinated.  

Can we have models please.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Shop HQ and HSN never stopped with live models.

Saturday mornings' wake up in style, even through the height of the pandemic, still had three models: an extra small, large, and a 1X They just weren't on top of each other or the host

Honored Contributor

As long as fashion items prices don't increase.

So far, I'm fine with the various video models and vendors/assistants/models from home.  And the various on air models, of course. 

All excellent.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).