Respected Contributor

Re: Brie Larson At Captain Marvel Premiere

Nope!

Brie is lovely and I can't wait to see the movie, but the dress is wearing her.

Honored Contributor

It was made from the scrap for the blue carpet.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I like the color. If it was pulled up slightly to cover her armpit, think it would

look a lot nicer.

Also maybe add a gorgeous diamoond necklace. Way too much bare

space on top. Top part look trashy, hanging too low.

Honored Contributor

After looking at it for a bit, I do like it. The color is great and she can carry it off, but I don't like her hair, should have had it in an elegant chignon(sp?).....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

Wonder if there could’ve been a special cut-down corset worn

to create a profile that doesn’t look like the dress is going to

fall down at any second. 

ETA: I just re-read my post. Fancy way of saying ‘smushy boobs’!

🙃😀

If you look at it from another angle, the top looks almost as though it's constructed like a strapless bra -- there's a piece of fabric going all around and which fastens in the back. I don't think her boobs look "smushy" because of the darting on the bodice.

One article I read also said that it's a cape of some sort that she has down lower on her arms, but that she only did it that way to show off the dress for the red (blue?) carpet. Later, she put it up over her shoulders to "greet fans."

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

After looking at it for a bit, I do like it. The color is great and she can carry it off, but I don't like her hair, should have had it in an elegant chignon(sp?).....

I kind of like the updo she chose -- it has a soft, less structured look. I think these days, a lot of people prefer a looser, more understated style, even for bridal hairstyles (for example).

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I love the color but the dress looks like it is about to fall down.  I also never understood naming someone after cheese--just my opinion.  I wonder if someone would name their child cheddar or asiago.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

dont care for the gown although i love the color.

cannot even see the jewelry.

love the shoes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I kind of like the updo she chose -- it has a soft, less structured look. I think these days, a lot of people prefer a looser, more understated style, even for bridal hairstyles (for example).

@jonbon . I agree to a point, but personally just feel that for this type of dress, a more structured hairstyle would have looked better, but usually I do like a more relaxed hairstyle....Maybe she did that because the dress is mnore structured though......