Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Bridesmaids of Yesteryear

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

@roxxy1  Thanks for reminding me - lol!  I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in the '70's.  There were 8 of us and 2 each wore blue, pink, yellow and purple polka dot gowns with hats with matching ribbons.  I was in purple.  With all 8 of us together I didn't think they looked bad but on their own they were a HOT MESS.  Did I mention the white dots were the size of silver dollars!  After the wedding the gown found a home in my parents attic. Oh how could I have forgotten to mention those died to match shoes!

Too bad you don't have a picture of that to post, sounds like it would fit right in with those pictured here.  Too funny  Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I have no words. But I'm laughing my head off. Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Priceless!!  This is my favorite post of the day lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

@jellyBEAN the only good thing about that dress was it was a size 6!  Thank goodness the bride did not give us pictures.  After 47 years I can still remember that dress as if I had just worn it yesterday.

Respected Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

@jellyBEAN the only good thing about that dress was it was a size 6!  Thank goodness the bride did not give us pictures.  After 47 years I can still remember that dress as if I had just worn it yesterday.

Sounds pretty hard to forget  Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

OMG  LOL   Most of those dresses were butt ugly at the time but when someone asked you to be in their wedding, there was no graceful way to decline.  You knew you were going to spend hour and hours in shoes that hurt and an ugly dress that the brides mother picked out.  

Respected Contributor

Smiley LOL 

@alicedeeThe Foliage made me wonder if there was still remnant fabric from The Sound of Music scene where Maria made the children play time clothes from the drapes ?

Respected Contributor

I know I wore at least three of those styles- wow!

Valued Contributor

I recognize all of these from uglydress.com, one of my favorite websites ever.