Honored Contributor

Re: Bridesmaids of Yesteryear

"Icing on the cake"   "takes the cake"!!!!!  I've never seen anything worse.  The weddings I was in had more tame dresses, simple in design.

These dresses are enough to cause nightmares!!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OMG!  No, just no.  I've never attended a wedding where any of the party looked like those in these photos.

"The Hoodie" reminds me of "The Handmaid's Tale".  Creepy!

I'm glad my family and friends go for simpler, more classic styles.

Honored Contributor

I was in many weddings and compared to this group of nightmares, my dresses were beautiful!  Wow, what a laugh and to think these brides thought these fashions nice enough to be in public.  

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

@roxxy1, I'm dying!  How could those brides do that to friends and family?  Great photos.  Every time I see The Neverland one I start laughing again. 

I needed the laugh. My team is struggling right now.

@Ruby Laine wrote:

@roxxy1, I'm dying!  How could those brides do that to friends and family?  Great photos.  Every time I see The Neverland one I start laughing again. 

I needed the laugh. My team is struggling right now.

What about the icing on the cake. Wow lol

Super Contributor

@roxxy1   This is fantastic!  Thank you for posting it! 

Honored Contributor

What fun and to think 40 years from now we could look back at today's fashions and be thinking the same thoughts!

Honored Contributor

Wow! I’m speechless!  I was only in my wedding and the mother of the bride 2 times.

Both of my daughter’s only had their sisters as the bridesmaids and the dresses were simple.

The good thing about your sister being the bride is if she tries to put you in an ugly bridesmaid dress you can tell her to “go stick ‘it’ where the sun don’t shine’....then go running to mom & dad (who’s paying for the whole thing)!  Ha!😉

Honored Contributor

Wow, these are the worse of the worse even for their time.

I was in a few weddings and my older sister was in a lot more of them and we never wore anything like the dresses shown.

I guess in about 30 years, our children and grands will be laughing at today's hair styles and fashion.  

This is is a fun thread...and funny.

Trusted Contributor

LOL Shoes dyed to match *dying*

Esteemed Contributor

One trend I am soooo glad didn't and hopefully won't come back. I must admit I was a bridesmaid and wore something like that. I remember my aunt saying we can hem it and you can wear it again. I said really? I don't think so. She was not happy with that response. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh I never hemmed it and it went to the thrift store a few years later.