Trusted Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Would today's Breezies TSV act as a modesty item instead of a half slip. What other reason would you get them?

TZ -- would I know you from another forum?  Just wondering! 

Honored Contributor

I know I heard some host say they take the place of a half slip but I don't see how they would.  I would wear a half slip under shear fabrics for modesty.  I don't think these items are made for modesty.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@lavendar - I have the Jockey version of these (A373424) and wear them all of the time under skirts and dresses. They are not a control pant or shaper, but they do smooth you out. I wouldn't be without them!  Smiley Happy

I as well @beach-mom 

I have the breezies and the jockey version. 

I always wear them in the summer under my dresses and maxis....keep you dry, smooth you out, no panty lines....

And for me, they do almost work like a half slip.  Helps not to have cling or your dress go between...

do they even make half slips anymore?  I have not worn one since the 80's.

Honored Contributor

They're especially nice under a summerweight pant or jumpsuit that isn't lined...

they work under dresses too because nothing clings to them...

Esteemed Contributor

I have them too and I really like them.  I wear them under my skirts and maxi dresses in the summer.  That Ultimair lining in the gusset really does work, they are quite comfy.  As far as modesty I think it's really more for when wearing skirts that may blow in the wind or for when climbing stairs.  Not so much for thin see through clothing, which I don't normally like to wear anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@lavendar, I wuld say yes!

In my day, we wore pettipants - similar to this, but not clingy.  They took the place of half slips.

I never figured out how a pair of pants provided modesty.  I though the idea was to not see between the legs.  Pants do nothing more than show two legs... all the way up. 

they were slip material @Kachina624 ; also warmer - we wore them under school uniforms which were thick material anyways!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@lavendar - I have the Jockey version of these (A373424) and wear them all of the time under skirts and dresses. They are not a control pant or shaper, but they do smooth you out. I wouldn't be without them!  Smiley Happy

I as well @beach-mom 

I have the breezies and the jockey version. 

I always wear them in the summer under my dresses and maxis....keep you dry, smooth you out, no panty lines....

And for me, they do almost work like a half slip.  Helps not to have cling or your dress go between...

do they even make half slips anymore?  I have not worn one since the 80's.

@RespectLife - I tried to find one about 10 years ago. The SA at Macy's sent me to Penney's. I went there and the young girl first looked at me like I was crazy, then she showed me a rack with a few short (full) chemises.I gave up! 

I'm so glad I found the Jockey long panties!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

LOL @beach-mom 

I believe it!

I did find years ago a 'skort' half slip.  It was the slinky material like a slip would be but was long shorts... loose fitting though.  If you were hot and sweaty, your legs kinda rubbed together!   TMI?  LOL

I prefer these long leg versions we are talking about!

Respected Contributor

They don't do what a slip does.  A slip stops you from seeing through your skirt or dress.  These drawers don't do that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Breezies TSV

[ Edited ]

As modesty, a slip would be a heck of lot cooler.  It's pretty much as a variation of the girdle.  Women will wear anything that will make their bodies shapelier.  These would reshape the thighs.  Even making them smoother, will do it.  I just wear underpants and bras.  And the underpants are bikini underwear.