Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar, I wuld say yes!

In my day, we wore pettipants - similar to this, but not clingy.  They took the place of half slips.

Honored Contributor

I like them!

Ordering two different sets gives us a 'days of the week' scenario.  

The price seems right for the set of four, and I like the higher waist (not sitting across the tummy, which bothers me/my skin). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Candlekane wrote:

Smiley Happy

I have these and they are wonderful.  Very light.  They are not hot at all.  I ordered another set.

@Candlekane 

I did too! I already have some and they are indistinguishable from Jockey Skimmies which are twice the price!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@lavendar, I wuld say yes!

In my day, we wore pettipants - similar to this, but not clingy.  They took the place of half slips.

I never figured out how a pair of pants provided modesty.  I though the idea was to not see between the legs.  Pants do nothing more than show two legs... all the way up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

They help dresses and jumpers not grab, and I mostly wear them to prevent chaffing of my thighs.  I never wore shorts, even as a kid, because the shap of my legs, they rub.  Doesn't matter what size I am, it's just how they are.  These help tremendously.

Respected Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

They help dresses and jumpers not grab, and I mostly wear them to prevent chaffing of my thighs.  I never wore shorts, even as a kid, because the shap of my legs, they rub.  Doesn't matter what size I am, it's just how they are.  These help tremendously.

@Dar321 same here. No matter what size I am, my thighs rub together.  I also bought a set today for that reason.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Breezies TSV

[ Edited ]

No, I don't think boy shorts act as a modesty item, as one could still see through fabrics that are thin or need a lining. I wear the Hanes version of these that are super comfortable. I looked at the Breezies but they aren't 100% cotton, so I passed. I also just purchased long boy short panties from Duluth Trading Co that are thin cotton, haven't worn them yet. Neither Hanes nor the Duluth has all the stretch that Breezies has, if this matters to one.  The Vermont Country Store has the petit pants in nylon. I started wearing long cotton boy shorts when I got shingles at the top of my legs and normal underwear rubbed where the elastic leg area was. I will say that I just found a wonderful fit 100% cotton panties by Wirarpa on Amazon so I am back to wearing normal panties. When I wear tighter leg or slim leg pants, I feel that my boy shorts show a bit. My body simply doesn't tolerate anything but 100% cotton underwear. Sigh. 

Respected Contributor
I haven’t worn a slip in at least 10 years. Where would I even buy one?
Respected Contributor

I think these were on a page from a 1930's catalog.  I remember my great grandmother and grandmother wore these.   Then I believe the girdle was created, same concept of a longer panty but nothing moved.  Maybe the days of the girdle will be coming soon.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Breezies TSV

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I haven’t worn a slip in at least 10 years. Where would I even buy one?

JCPenney, Macy's, Kohl's