Trusted Contributor

Re: Breasts not "boobs" or even worse, "girls"

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I like hooters, chi chi’s, and tatas too, but I don’t want anyone clutching their pearls.

This gave me a big laugh.  I will also add boobies.

Honored Contributor

Good grief, who cares?  It causes no harm whatever they are called.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@D Kay  I agree and Kim G. would SHOUT hiney over and over. Reminds me of the little boys getting their  summer  hiney haircuts and crying their eyes out. Childish and unprofessional.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamDoodles wrote:

@lanstine wrote:

Just heard Breezies rep (daughter of founder??) call breasts, boobs. Host Amy used correct term, breasts. I think the term, boobs came in when women were embarassed to call breasts, breasts. Then, later the more modern, "girls" came in. I don't know why women feel they can't call parts of their anatomy by the correct term. It's as if it's something to be ashamed of. What are we teaching our daughters about their bodies?

I agree.  They talk like adolescents.  I expect better from grown women.

@IamDoodles   Remember the Q wants to attract a younger audience, so maybe that's the reason some hosts use "immature" terms for body parts...trying to speak to their level....plus just trying too hard to be cute.

Honored Contributor

It's like there is something shameful or obscene about the word breasts, or about breasts.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Am not offended by any of those terms--who cares?? I have no breasts, boobs, ta-tas--t-ts, rack or girls----due tocancer--those "girls" tried to kill me!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008   My DD was being a smart azz one day and referred to them a "chesticles." 

Respected Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

To each their own.  I just want everyone to have healthy ones, whatever you want to call them. BC itself is more important than what we call our body parts.

Except that the post isn't about breast cancer.  It's about speaking like an adult instead of like a 12-year-old. After all, "BC" doesn't refer to  "boob" cancer.

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Breasts.  Or when referring to the general area décolleté.  

I have been known to say "girls" on ocassion.  This is particularly true when posting here. When I do it is done jokingly and I'm not taking myself so serious.  Otherwise, breast[s] is the proper term.

Thing is, we can't walk around using the proper term for the rest of our private parts sooooo, this is not that big of a deal to me.  

Of course we can!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Breasts.  Or when referring to the general area décolleté.  

I have been known to say "girls" on ocassion.  This is particularly true when posting here. When I do it is done jokingly and I'm not taking myself so serious.  Otherwise, breast[s] is the proper term.

Thing is, we can't walk around using the proper term for the rest of our private parts sooooo, this is not that big of a deal to me.  

Of course we can!

I do, @mom2four0418. I ever so slightly cringe at the substitutes for body parts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland