Respected Contributor

Re: Breasts not "boobs" or even worse, "girls"

I personally prefer "breast". But I am not offended by "boobs" or "girls".    I do think it is more professional for the anatomical term to be used when discussing the features  of  "double barrell slingshots".....  yes I am channeling my inner Ellie Mae Clampet

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I think I like the chest reference best.  Especially since we are talking about TV here and broadcast to millions of viewers.  I wouldn't think it would be offensive to anyone or embarrass anyone to use that term.  It's not too personal.

As far as the hind end goes - we have booty, rump, rear, and derriere(sp?).  Dare I say caboose, bottom, _ss, bum, butt? 

I usually call it a rear end or butt.  But I hardly, if ever, even refer to it at all.  Woman LOL

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

Breasts.  Or when referring to the general area décolleté.  

I have been known to say "girls" on ocassion.  This is particularly true when posting here. When I do it is done jokingly and I'm not taking myself so serious.  Otherwise, breast[s] is the proper term.

Thing is, we can't walk around using the proper term for the rest of our private parts sooooo, this is not that big of a deal to me.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

@lanstine wrote:

Just heard Breezies rep (daughter of founder??) call breasts, boobs. Host Amy used correct term, breasts. I think the term, boobs came in when women were embarassed to call breasts, breasts. Then, later the more modern, "girls" came in. I don't know why women feel they can't call parts of their anatomy by the correct term. It's as if it's something to be ashamed of. What are we teaching our daughters about their bodies?

I've always like the word bosom.

My mom always used the term bosom @MildredM .  I haven't heard that in a while.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I like hooters, chi chi’s, and tatas too, but I don’t want anyone clutching their pearls.
Honored Contributor

@lanstine wrote:

Just heard Breezies rep (daughter of founder??) call breasts, boobs. Host Amy used correct term, breasts. I think the term, boobs came in when women were embarassed to call breasts, breasts. Then, later the more modern, "girls" came in. I don't know why women feel they can't call parts of their anatomy by the correct term. It's as if it's something to be ashamed of. What are we teaching our daughters about their bodies?

@lanstine 

Hold onto that feeling and you've got how I feel about Susan Graver's presentations! Always talking about 'covering up'. I often ponder how that's affecting little girls that may be watching with mom or grandma. They're (constantly) hearing the message their body is something to hide....

Esteemed Contributor

"Girls" is such a dumb reference IMO.  Just call parts what they are without the cutsey stuff.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

On HSN Rhonda Shear just called them the girls. Shehas today's TS  Bandeau bra 2 pack. 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

On HSN Rhonda Shear just called them the girls. Shehas today's TS  Bandeau bra 2 pack. 

@KBEANS 

If you need a strapless bra they are actually pretty good. They don't end up around your waist! LOL

Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

I'd rather "boobs" than what my 22 year old daughter says. She uses the T word. 

I think the T word is so crude.  I also find the term girls rather silly.  I prefer breasts for adult talk - and chest is even better.