Occasional Contributor

Breasts not "boobs" or even worse, "girls"

Just heard Breezies rep (daughter of founder??) call breasts, boobs. Host Amy used correct term, breasts. I think the term, boobs came in when women were embarassed to call breasts, breasts. Then, later the more modern, "girls" came in. I don't know why women feel they can't call parts of their anatomy by the correct term. It's as if it's something to be ashamed of. What are we teaching our daughters about their bodies?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Breasts not "boobs" or even worse, "girls"

I'd rather "boobs" than what my 22 year old daughter says. She uses the T word. 

Super Contributor

@lanstine wrote:

Just heard Breezies rep (daughter of founder??) call breasts, boobs. Host Amy used correct term, breasts. I think the term, boobs came in when women were embarassed to call breasts, breasts. Then, later the more modern, "girls" came in. I don't know why women feel they can't call parts of their anatomy by the correct term. It's as if it's something to be ashamed of. What are we teaching our daughters about their bodies?

I've always like the word bosom.

Valued Contributor

To each their own.  I just want everyone to have healthy ones, whatever you want to call them. BC itself is more important than what we call our body parts.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had a Doctor tell me many yrs ago abt when he was in Medical School. He  was caring for a patient from very rural West Va  who said she had  history of  " fire balls in her Eucharist ".  Come to find out she had  " fibroids in the uterus ".

Prefer proper terms  regarding anatomy . Breast is waht I say.

Valued Contributor

I also don't care for the use of the word  "hiney" (however it's spelled).  Sounds like something a five year old would say.

Honored Contributor

At my age they are no longer girls, but ladies. 🤣🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

I'd rather "boobs" than what my 22 year old daughter says. She uses the T word. 

I agree I hate the T word.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@lanstine wrote:

I agree.  They talk like adolescents.  I expect better from grown women.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Years ago, when Q just started (from what they had been), had a wonderful, very knowledged host, Kathy Levine.  

Kathy had beautiful manners, was a true professional and highly respected.  She used the term "girls" in the early 1980's.

"Girls" are sufficient for me.