Frequent Contributor

Today's show was perfectly imperfect...meaning it felt natural/right/appropriate/welcoming/respectful. It was a bit melancholy, a lot of joy and light, wonderful ease and comfort presenting beautiful products, and it was full of gratitude and hope.

I feel David and Jill were what I needed for the first show. I admit I did hold my breath as it began, hoping I would not cry through the show---I did have a tear or two, but I wore a smile and felt a warmth and felt thankful. And the void that Joan left was not as painful.

Thank you David and Jill! Looking forward to seeing you often.

Valued Contributor
On 10/13/2014 blossompie said:
On 10/13/2014 blossompie said: I missed it because I thought David was going to be on at 6 pm but I did catch the last few seconds and saw very little of the video when Rick was remembering Joan.
Does anybody know if David will be on PM style?

I think he posted his schedule on his blog. I know there is an early AM show you could tape.

Honored Contributor
David and Jill did a fantastic job today.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
I thought they were perfect - two people who lost someone they loved working their way back through grief to the new normal. Referencing Joan as they did made the time more human for me.
Super Contributor

Wonderful show. The first is always the hardest, but David is a class act. Just wonderful. The music was the same and it did seem right, even though I posted that it would be difficult to hear it without Joan. Jill was great also. I watched the first hour this morning and I recorded the rest. I will watch later. Under such sad circumstances, they pulled it off perfectly. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice show and a great tribute to Joan!! David and Jill did a wonderful job!!

Valued Contributor

Bravo! I really liked the video at the end. I only caught the last 1/2 hour, but I really enjoyed the show. Everyone deserves to be remembered! Nice job, David and Jill!

Super Contributor

I DVRed the show and I'm watching it now. Jill and David are perfect. I'm so glad they are honoring Joan this way and continuing her tradition. This is what she would have wanted. Joan lives on!

Super Contributor

I agree. He was very brave and strong and nearly broke down as I did watching from home. I cannot image how hard it was for him today after being a part of Joan's life for so many years. Too tender a hurt and he did a fantastic job. Thank you, David, for continuing on because I feel, as I believe many others do as well, that we need Joan's verve, resolve, energy, kindness, humor in our lives. You are the one to give that to us. Many thanks,

Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 valeriecherish said:

I DVRed the show and I'm watching it now. Jill and David are perfect. I'm so glad they are honoring Joan this way and continuing her tradition. This is what she would have wanted. Joan lives on!

I just watched it on DVR too. Jill and David did a wonderful job. Joan is truly missed, but life goes on. I hope her line continues on QVC. What a lovely and stylish woman she was.