Honored Contributor

Bras for women that have a hump on back

If anyone has a mom,or grandmother that has osteoporosis, with a hump on their back ,what type of bras do they wear, i understand a razor back bra fits best.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Bras for women that have a hump on back

Hi GoldensRBest - 

I looked it up and found some info to aid you:

Racerback Bras
The first type of bra I recommend to women with sloped shoulders or osteoporosis is a racerback bra.

This style is also known as a T-back bra and has straps that meet in the back. Because the shoulder straps are connected to each other, they stay in place much better.

For a similar solution, you can also try a convertible bra. Convertible bras have straps that can be rearranged to suit different styles and needs. You can cross the straps in the back for a more secure fit. 

Bra Straps for Osteoporosis
There are many different bra strap designs which can also affect how well a bra fits on sloped shoulders. Bras with padded straps can be great for women with osteoporosis.

If you are a smaller size you may have trouble finding bras with padded straps available in your size.

In this case, we recommend separate bra strap cushions that you can wear with any bra.

Sizing Help
Proper bra sizing can help you feel your best in your bra. When wearing racerback bras, it is especially important to wear the correct band size as the bra cannot be adjusted. A well-fitted bra band will also help keep pressure off of your shoulders.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bras for women that have a hump on back

[ Edited ]

In addition to the good info from @MoonieBaby , I wanted to add my mom used a bra that hooked in the front, between her breasts. More convenient, and much more comfortable for her back.