Frequent Contributor

Bras for chesty, not busty, women?

I have always been a larger band size on my bras, but I am NOT busty.  When measured, I am a 40A, and, of course, that size is not readily available.  Most of the size 40's cups, and the majority of the 38's, are way too big.  I used to buy the Playtex that had sizes such as , "almost an A" or "almost a B", and put a band extender on them, but now I can't find the bras.  A sales rep at Victoria Secrets measured me and told me to go to Lane Bryant.  Again, I am not busty.  Lane Bryant rep thought I was joking about VS because I am not in their sizes.

I have been wearing the Genie Bra for years now, and find one of their sizes very comfortable.  I'd like to get one or two bras to wear with dressier clothing.  Any suggestions?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bras for chesty, not busty, women?

Although I have the opposite problem of a small band and a large cup, I find a selection at HerRoom dot com.  They stock hard to find sizes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a similar issue, Bali and Warners have new styles of bras

Warners Contour Bra and Bail Beauty lift without underwireThe cups are a bit smaller than other B cups I have tried on. I was fitted this wee and I am now wearing a 38B in these two styles and they both fit well.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Have a feeling this will be the most popular answer:

Department Store Bra Fitting

Go to a department store, like Nordstrom/Dillards/Neimans

and get a professional bra fit. A dept store will sell various brands

versus Victoria Secret/Lane Bryant. I guarantee they will find 

the perfect brand & perfect size for you! 

Honored Contributor

@RetiredATCNo ideas, but I wish you luck with your search.

I know all of us who are on one side or the other of the average ranges really have few good choices.

I'm just the opposite of you -  now a 32 band and F cup.  Just not common at all because I definitely need support.  That seems to be missing in many of the 32's we tried at my fitting earlier this week.  I will say there are more pretty bras in the larger cup sizes than there ever were when I was young and might really have enjoyed that!

Respected Contributor

@RetiredATC  I just did a quick Amazon search and came up with 1000 results. Most of the bras were Prime. I also agree that HerRoom is another excellent resource. 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  So happy to hear you had success finding new bras! Again, Congrats, on your weight loss. So pleased for the "new" you!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

I'm a 36A or 34B. I find that quite a few brands don't carry 36A. It can be frustrating.

A brand called Third Love has cup sizes ranging from AA to I. They even carry half sizes. I haven't tried this line yet. I would like to. 

Contributor

Cacque bras in Lane Bryant  many sizes styles colors

the only ones i wear the best

Honored Contributor

@linda 2 

They do have carry A cups they barely carry B cups, 

@linda 2 wrote:

Cacque bras in Lane Bryant  many sizes styles colors

the only ones i wear the best

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.