Honored Contributor

Brady Bunch Clothes

[ Edited ]

I will admit to 2 things. 

1. I watched “The Brady Bunch” when I was a kid. 

2. I wore some clothes like the kids wore on the show.

I had a rib knit short sleeve sweater with the O ring pull and zipper. Mine was red. See Marsha & Bobby in the first photo. 

I also had a printed dress very similar to the blue and white one in the last photo.  

What about you? Did you wear any Brady Bunch clothes? 

ADB202BA-CC1B-4202-93EA-53426465B0E4.jpeg

28451961-6F21-46F9-BBA8-B0E1883ED394.jpeg

7550B8CA-DE87-40D2-B4D8-9C2E7D6328A8.png

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch the Brady Bunch, but those circle pulls on the zippers were very "hot".

Esteemed Contributor

They were in syndication when I started watching, but I loved watching that show and still watch today when it's on when I don't like anything else that's on.  

My mom fixed my hair like Cindy's.  I had a drawer full of hair ribbons.  Wore it just like in the photos, but as I got older I didn't have bangs when I wore it braided.  

I actually bought a short sleeve O-ring zipper pull sweater a couple of years ago.  It's red.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

I never missed an episode and spent more time than I care to admit watching reruns as an adult.  Cindy and I dressed the same all through the show, but my hairstyle was Marcia and Jan's.  Down to my waist and parted in the middle.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Oh sure, those clothes bring back a lot of wardrobe memories!

Those shows are still cute to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I worked for Barry Williams' father, and seen him often.  Very nice family.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I never missed an episode and spent more time than I care to admit watching reruns as an adult.  Cindy and I dressed the same all through the show, but my hairstyle was Marcia and Jan's.  Down to my waist and parted in the middle.

@beckyb1012 

I had long straight blond hair parted in the middle too. 

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I worked for Barry Williams' father, and seen him often.  Very nice family.

@MarkeieMark 

How interesting! 

Honored Contributor

A funny Barry Williams story. Eons ago when late DH and lived in Torrance, Southern California, he had a book out (soft cover) titled Growing Up Brady.

He was going to make an appearance and do a book signing at our local Crown Books (my fave book store of all time). WELL, I told DH that just for fun I really really wanted to go! He thought I was kidding and was horrified that I meant it!

Through lots of coaxing and wheedling he agreed to go with me as I said I'd go alone if I had to.

It was HILARIOUS! Most of the people were our age! He signed all the books the same way: "It's the story" and then his name. A bunch of us oldsters talked and couldn't believe we actually did this, it was so fun.

I think years ago I put it in a donation bag to the Good Will.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the Brady Bunch. I wore the wide bell pants and the ribbed shirt with circle pull.