Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bra shopping sticker SHOCK.

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just bought a number of bras from One Hanes Place because they had the ones I wanted 1/2 off.  I spent no more than $20.00 on each Bali bra.   

@I purchased six Playtex bras from Hanes @ about $22.ea. and returned all of them. They were not the same quality as others I've bought for years. They were not even made the same with two hooks instead of three, and the quality of the material was thin quality. I won't do that again....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just bought a number of bras from One Hanes Place because they had the ones I wanted 1/2 off.  I spent no more than $20.00 on each Bali bra.   

I picked up my last Bali at Target! I think it was about $16. Full coverage underwire with no embellishments; now that is hard to find!

I used to get a particular Calvin Klein but of course they discontinued it Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@gardensla

I wear Chantelle bras and regularly hit the Nordstrom sales!  I refuse to pay full price for them but they still are not cheap!

Respected Contributor

i shop the nordies sales and have been lucky at macy's too.

i've also googled and found some good bras with great prices.

Valued Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@gardensla

I wear Chantelle bras and regularly hit the Nordstrom sales!  I refuse to pay full price for them but they still are not cheap!

I usually purchase bra's in July too, at Nordy's sale and same brand - you're right still $$$, but I like the gals there that always fit me. 

Honored Contributor

I've always thought that the Wacoal brand, while very pretty, is overpriced. I buy very nice brands, like Maidenform and Warner's, on sale at Macy's or Kohl's for $30 or less.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed a lot of inflation in the price of bras too, the full MSRP price in Canada for brands like Warners, Maidenform, Bali, and Olga is between $42 and $52 for a full coverage molded cup underwire bra. 

I look through the sales racks and it's slim pickings for a nice 38D bra. And don't get me started about TJX as they hardly bring in nice bras in that size at Winners in Canada any more.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@I purchased six Playtex bras from Hanes @ about $22.ea. and returned all of them. They were not the same quality as others I've bought for years. They were not even made the same with two hooks instead of three, and the quality of the material was thin quality. I won't do that again....

That stinks.  I bought the Bali comfort flex-fit and mine were perfect.

Respected Contributor

I try to buy mine at Kohl's when I have 30 percent off and they're on sale. 

Respected Contributor

I once bragged about getting a deal on some Bali bras.  At some point, I realized they were so uncomfortable.  I lost my great deal because I finally got rid of them.  I had success with 2 styles of Breezies, and I got several so I'm good for awhile.  Just luck, really.  And, I agree the price of nicer bras seem to go up every year.