Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox ... I would do a search for another bra specialty store near you.  You're in the NYC area, right?  There should be some there.  You could also try Soma for a fitting.  The other thing I was going to say is that the cup size of a 40B should be the same as a 42A.  If the band isn't wide enough, you could use and extender for the band.  Good luck!

Regular Contributor

@I am still oxox  Have you visited the HerRoom site?  They have an impressive range of sizes and styles.  Also, they have a Universal Cup Sizing System that assures the same fit across all brands including European.  You can take a free quiz to help determine the type of bra you need -- the results will be emailed to you.  There are videos on proper fit, etc. and their customer services is most helpful.  

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair

Thank you but the universal Bra thing seems to be for cup sizes D and above

@RedRedHair wrote:

@I am still oxox  Have you visited the HerRoom site?  They have an impressive range of sizes and styles.  Also, they have a Universal Cup Sizing System that assures the same fit across all brands including European.  You can take a free quiz to help determine the type of bra you need -- the results will be emailed to you.  There are videos on proper fit, etc. and their customer services is most helpful.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Have you tried First Love online?

They make half cup sizes.

I have never had such comfortable underwire bras in my life!

Super Contributor

If you go to Wacoal's website (wacoal hyphen america dot com) and scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "bra finder" and it lets you look through their bras based on shape.  And one choice is what you desribe yourself as (not filling the upper portion).  So see what they suggest. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  It might be the brand of the bra too.  Check out Kohl's right now as they are having a huge sale on bras.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@terrier3

Thanks but they do not carry anything over a 38

@terrier3 wrote:

Have you tried First Love online?

They make half cup sizes.

I have never had such comfortable underwire bras in my life!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I had an issue with cup size ... I'm between an A and a B. 

I found a cup that fit, but the band was too small.  The next size band - the cup was too big.  

So, I bought packages of 2" bra extenders (they come in 3 hook and 2 hook styles).  They sell them at Amazon.

It has been the perfect solution for me.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl

Thank you but they carry up to size 38

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Try ThirdLove

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl

Thank you but they carry up to size 38

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Try ThirdLove

@I am still oxox Actually they carry up to 48 and very generous cup sizes.  I have 2 friends that are extremely busty and they look SO MUCH better and trimmer when they wear their ThirdLove bra.  I can not believe how much better the right bra makes!  It is really amazing.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@I am still oxox ... I would do a search for another bra specialty store near you.  You're in the NYC area, right?  There should be some there.  You could also try Soma for a fitting.  The other thing I was going to say is that the cup size of a 40B should be the same as a 42A.  If the band isn't wide enough, you could use and extender for the band.  Good luck!

@I am still oxox I think @ItsME is correct. I learned last year from the sales associate in the lingerie department at Nordstrom that generally speaking if you go down a band size you go up a cup size