Contributor

Thanks ladies. I'm beyond frustrated right now with Lane Bryant. I purchased 2 bras yesterday during their bogo sale. Returned one today and bought a cheaper bra, and wasn't given a refund. She did an even exchange. I'm now getting ahold of corporate because it's just ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

If you don't mind shopping online, herroom-dot-com has just about every size imaginable.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand your problem - you got that bra for FREE so she simply exchanged it for another one so now you got that one for free.You haven't lost anything.

Honored Contributor

You pulled up a thread that is well over a year old just to chastize someone????

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

You pulled up a thread that is well over a year old just to chastize someone????

I didn't bring it up - it was here. I didn't even notice it was old.  But thank you for your oh so pleasant reply to tell me.

Honored Contributor

What's going to work will depend upon more than just your cup size.  I found that out after years of so-so bra fittings --and sad to say any number of those were done by "professionals."

My favorite bra comes from Prima Dona, but it comes at a price (I paid about $150 last time).  I cann't wear any of the Wacoals any longer although I could when I was younger and had more of my own lift.  Now I might as well buy cheap as to buy Wacoal.

When I want a bra without the price, a bra that's fine for much of my everyday life, I go to Dillards.  Less expensive than Wacoal, and their fitters did a better job for me than any I encountered at Nordies.  That's too bad for me since Nordstrom is 2 minutes from home and Dillards is a drive!

Honored Contributor

Try the website called big girls bras.com .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Bra shopping frustrates me to no end. I have had a few fittings by so called "professionals", and every one comes up with a different size for me. Plus depending on manufacturer and bra style, they all fit different. I am probably a 40 A/B. Never seen such a size anywhere. I have bought pull on bras twice online and even sized up, but had to send them back because they did not fit. I HATE bras!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Bra shopping frustrates me to no end. I have had a few fittings by so called "professionals", and every one comes up with a different size for me. Plus depending on manufacturer and bra style, they all fit different. I am probably a 40 A/B. Never seen such a size anywhere. I have bought pull on bras twice online and even sized up, but had to send them back because they did not fit. I HATE bras!

Oh gees, me too .... I had a fitting at Nordstroms and the gal put me in a bra that was so tight I couldn't even take a deep breath!    

I told her it was much TOO TIGHT and she told me that, no, I was wrong!     After some back and forth, she told me "I was just one of those women who couldn't be pleased!!"

To this day, I'm sorry I didn't report her.

Regular Contributor

Didn't realize this was an older thread when I started reading, but did get

some new websites to check out for larger bras - thanks everyone!

Tinkrbl44:  Your experience at Nordstroms is exactly what happened to

me at Dillards!  She kept insisting that her measurements were correct 

and I just needed to get used to a "proper fitting bra".  Problem was, the

band was so tight I could hardly breathe!!  She pressured me into

purchasing 2 Wacoal bras for a ridiculous price.  I returned one to another store (didn't want to see that saleswoman again!).  Tried to wear the other

Wacoal, but it never felt comfortable.  What a waste of time and money,

plus aggravation with saleswoman!

Wore Bali bra for years, then they discontinued it.  Now wearing Playtex

18 hour ; found at Kohl's.