Honored Contributor

I have worn a 42B underwire for what seems like forever, some times I will wear a 40B with an extender if I can not get the 42B.

I like cute bras with some support, my Br&&st tend to be a bit bottom heavy.

Recently I am finding that the underwire is not sitting flush with my skin, protruding sort of.

I probably should go for a fitting but any brilliant ideas on what might be going on

Thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

After doing a quick Google search it sounds like your cup size is too small.  You should definitely go for a fitting.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

You should really go for a fitting to get the best size bra.

It really makes such a huge difference.

Honored Contributor
Periodically we need measuring. Especially! Older we get. If your not able to have professional measuring Google or YouTube. Good luck!
New Contributor

I am a professional bra fitter and have been since 2003.  Without seeing you, it does seem that the cup might be too small. However, every bra fits differently. So you might be a certain size in one bra and a different size in another. A bra fitting will definitely help you.  

Valued Contributor

You definitely need a bra fitting.  Believe me, it will change your life when you discover your correct size.  Personally, I think the best bra fitters are at Nordstrom and Dillards.  After they spend so much time with you, I definitely do feel obliged to purchase something.  I believe Kohls offers bra fittings from time to time as well, but Kohls doesn't offer a wide range of sizes like Nordstrom and Dillards so the fitting may not be as accurate.  Obviously, the fitter is going to want you to purchase something they carry in their store.  

Honored Contributor

When you are in the correct bra size and style for your shape, you will look taller, thinner and your clothes will fit better.

It is an eye opening experience.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

You also may benefit from having a wider, more secure band at the bottom of the bra.  That will help keep some of your girls from "sneaking" underneath.  I've had that problem in the past with jog bras too.

Laura loves cats!