Honored Contributor

So I just bought a black backless dress.  Not entirely backless but it is cut down to my waist and along the upper back there is some fabric with strappy detail.  It is very form fitting and tells no lies.  

I don't have any bras that would work with it and am now wondering what my best option would be.  I am small busted and while I would have gone braless in my younger days I would just not be comfortable doing so now.

Has anyone ever worn those silicone adhesive cups?  The would certainly fit the bill for this dress but am wondering if anyone here has experience with them.

TIA!

Respected Contributor

Probably a strapless bra would work best with your dress.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

Probably a strapless bra would work best with your dress.

Doesn't a regular strapless bra have a regular band around the back?

Honored Contributor

Have you tried googling "bras for backless dresses"?  Looks like some interesting options available to consider.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it possible to have cups sewn into the dress? A tailor may be able to help.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Have you tried googling "bras for backless dresses"?  Looks like some interesting options available to consider.

I have, but I really was asking specifically about those silicone adhesive cups as I think they might be my best bet.  I am asking if anyone has worn them and what their experience with them was like.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bra for Backless Dress

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot 

Do you follow Dominique Sachse on YouTube? A while back she did a video on adhesive bras. I was intrigued because, like me, she has  healthy chest. (In fact, she appears larger than me.)

If you like, watch her video entitled "My secrets to smooth undergarments from head to toe". I have seen her model backless dresses on other videos and was very impressed with the support these adhesive cups provide. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Is it possible to have cups sewn into the dress? A tailor may be able to help.

I don't know.  Interesting idea though.

Respected Contributor

They make backless bras, where the back band is all the way down to your waist.  The straps come in different configurations based on the neckline of the dress.  I suggest going to a good lingerie store with actual staff to help.  And bring the dress.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bra for Backless Dress

[ Edited ]

I have worn the adhesive bras quite a few times, not only with backless dresses, but with some summer tops that are low in the back also. I have tried a couple different styles/brands and my favorite is the NuBra Ultralite. IMO the silicone ones are too heavy and do not seem to stay in place as well (I am small busted also) but once I tried the NuBra, that seemed to fit the bill! I highly recommend trying it so that you will be able to wear your new dress and feel wonderful!