Honored Contributor

I have lost nearly 50 pounds this year none of my bras fit well, I wear a 42B. i just bought a new wireless bra and the cups are wrinkling at the top, does this mean I need a smaller cup size or what 

thanks for the kind responses

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Can't answer your question but Congrats on the weight loss.

Valued Contributor

There  is no way you would wear the same bra size after losing that much weight.  Go to a department store and get refitted.

Honored Contributor

@D Kay

I wore an extender on bras before the loss

@D Kay wrote:

There  is no way you would wear the same bra size after losing that much weight.  Go to a department store and get refitted.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox, great job on the weight loss.  I agree that you should have a bra fitting.  Some times the larger department stores do these sessions.  You could check in the lingerie department.  Also, specialty stores are equipped to do this.  Give yourself a treat with a fitting and a comfortable new bra.  LM

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

@I am still oxoxditto what @D Kay says. Get a fitting.

And big props on the on the weight loss! You need to post again on the outfit thread!

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox  Awesome weight loss!  CONGRATULATIONS!   I agree with the others... go get fitted.  Even if you wore an extender, breast size undoubtedly changed with the weight loss.  You'll need a different cup size.

Honored Contributor
WRINKLED CUPS

The wrinkled cups problem is the opposite to the “quad boobs” effect. This bra fit problem is wrinkling, puckering, or space somewhere in the cups of your bra. If this is happening on you, it can mean 1) that the cup is too large, or 2) the bra style is not right for you.

If the cup is too large, the fix is easy—try a smaller cup size. If in the smaller size the wrinkling in the cups has disappeared but now you don’t have enough coverage under your arm, or your skin is now otherwise squeezing out over the bra, then the size wasn’t the issue. The style is likely just not meant for you.

If your breasts are not round and you try on a bra made for a full and round breast it will have some space in the cups on you. Likewise, if you have a soft breast tissue that has lost some fullness and you are trying on a bra designed for a firm breast, the style won’t have the same effect on you. This isn’t a bad thing. Different styles are made to fit and flatter different bodies. Instead of trying to wear something that’s not for you, try something that is designed to flatter your unique shape! For example, If you have a swooping breast type, try a balconette style that boosts your bust and eliminates the possibility of excess space at the top of the cup (see the top two styles on the right). Or, if you have soft breast tissue, try a pretty lace bra instead of a stiff, moulded bra (see the bottom two styles on the right).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss, I know how much work it takes to lose that much weight.  You should go for a bra fitting to determine exactly what size bra you wear now.  Now that you have lost all that weight, you want your clothes to fit nicely.  

Trusted Contributor

G@I am still oxox: Remember when you change the band size...which I assume you must have removed the extender...your cup will also change.

I had been wearing a 36D but recent fitting has me in a 34DD.

The top of my bras gapped some and would pucker some. Not a ton but obviously not a good fit. The woman who fitted me said that was due to that band portion between the breasts. My issue with that gapping cup...and not a lot, really, but still...was due to it being narrow. She fitted me with a bra where that was actually wider and made a big difference. It’s not that much wider and definitely not obvious but it sure made a difference.

After all these years of wearing bras, I’m 73, and complaining about that no ever mentioned that. Cannot believe what a difference it made. 

Dont know if that info will help you like it did me.