Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Didn't watch this presentation.  So I don't know what they looked like.  Generally a boyfriend jean is more relaxed in fit.  It always has a rolled up hem.  Girlfriend jean is slimmer style, again with the roll up at the end.  I like both,  Sometimes, Frame or Rag and Bone will will tailor the jean, so it's not so "sloppy" looking.  When it's tailored, it looks fantastic.  That's when I buy them. 

Yes, traditionally that was true. But as was mentioned previously, these days a lot of things are called "boyfriend jeans" by various brands/designers -- it's just a name.

Honored Contributor

It made me think of this thread-I found a pair of straight leg Levi's 525 perfect waist jeans on clearance for $17. I'm a 33 inseam and they're 32. Rolled the bottom to cuffs and voila boyfriend style jeans that aren't tight to the legs. But they're not too baggy either.

What I really like is that they're just below the belly button. They don't have much stretch in them at all so they don't bag out and fall down. I've had mid rise stretchy boyfriend jeans that I'm pulling up all day. And that drives me crazy.

I'm an 8 or 10, depending on cut and brand. Got a 10 in these Levi's.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Some places have boyfriend jeans and slim boyfriend jeans.

Just depends what yiu’re Looking for I suppose.

I ordered these. I have slim thighs, so I think they will work nicely without too much

bagginess in the thigh and butt areas. At least I hope so....

I have a couple of pairs of her jeans in the silky denim, I think she calls it, and like them.

Looking forward to seeing how this other denim compares in both fit and wear.

I actually like Laurie - she is always pretty quiet, calm and collected. 

Yes, there are different styles of boyfriend jeans.  I have a pair of them called "Skinny Boyfriend" Jeans and they have a little distressing and a wash that looks a bit worn and so they look casual but they're not loose.  

I have another pair of boyfriend jeans that are fuller in the leg.

Lots of different boyfriend styles.

I don't actually think the terms mean a whole lot.

@QueenDanceALot 

Unless you actually stole them from your boyfriend Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It made me think of this thread-I found a pair of straight leg Levi's 525 perfect waist jeans on clearance for $17. I'm a 33 inseam and they're 32. Rolled the bottom to cuffs and voila boyfriend style jeans that aren't tight to the legs. But they're not too baggy either.

What I really like is that they're just below the belly button. They don't have much stretch in them at all so they don't bag out and fall down. I've had mid rise stretchy boyfriend jeans that I'm pulling up all day. And that drives me crazy.

I'm an 8 or 10, depending on cut and brand. Got a 10 in these Levi's.

I like to roll lots of jeans (and some other types of pants), and the best version of a "boyfriend jean" that I currently have is a pair of full length straightleg jeans from Talbots that I roll a couple of times. I am a runner, so I have full calves for someone of my size and frame (I'm quite petite and small framed) -- lots of girlfriend/boyfriend jeans are too tight in the calves for my liking.