Trusted Contributor
Thanks @americanbulldogmom
Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Some places have boyfriend jeans and slim boyfriend jeans.

Just depends what yiu’re Looking for I suppose.

I ordered these. I have slim thighs, so I think they will work nicely without too much

bagginess in the thigh and butt areas. At least I hope so....

I have a couple of pairs of her jeans in the silky denim, I think she calls it, and like them.

Looking forward to seeing how this other denim compares in both fit and wear.

I actually like Laurie - she is always pretty quiet, calm and collected. 

Yes, there are different styles of boyfriend jeans.  I have a pair of them called "Skinny Boyfriend" Jeans and they have a little distressing and a wash that looks a bit worn and so they look casual but they're not loose.  

I have another pair of boyfriend jeans that are fuller in the leg.

Lots of different boyfriend styles.

I don't actually think the terms mean a whole lot.

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom : I don’t know which jeans are being discussed. Will have to look. But, since you say you have 3 pair can you tell me how they fit across the bum after a while? 

One reason I love the skinnies is because that area doesn’t stretch out.

i will try to find which ones you are all discussing. Just got back from out of town so have to catch up

Trusted Contributor

The classic are actually my favorites in Laurie’s jeans. I don’t care for the silky denim. I am excited to get these especially since she finally did this style in petites. I love all her boyfriend jeans. 

Honored Contributor

Whatever she calls them (and I do agree that they look like what has traditionally been called “girlfriend jeans”), to me they appear to be great looking jeans.  

I also like like a lot of her tops she‘s paired up with her jeans today.

Respected Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom : I don’t know which jeans are being discussed. Will have to look. But, since you say you have 3 pair can you tell me how they fit across the bum after a while? 

One reason I love the skinnies is because that area doesn’t stretch out.

i will try to find which ones you are all discussing. Just got back from out of town so have to catch up

@Sadiesadie The TSV jean is whats being discussed. The bum does stretch out like the rest of the jean. For that reason, I don’t recommend sizing up. In fact, I size down 1 from my normal size to accout for this. 

Trusted Contributor

@: Thank you so much for getting back to me but when I went out and looked at the video of the presentation I noticed the rise is too short for me. I have a bit of a sway back, not noticeable except when a waist is too low or not tight enough. I'd be constantly hiking up as the pants drift down a bit in back. Just enough drift to give me that saggy butt look.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are correct, those jeans are not by any stretch of the imagination a boyfriend jean.  Boyfriend jeans are a little relaxed in the legs.  They call some jeans like the TSV a girlfriend jean to distinguish them from a true bf cut.  They aren't too tight on the models because the jeans really a very slim straight jean with a cuff.  Not a boyfriend jean.

@chrystaltree I totally agree with you.  We sell boyfriend jeans and they should fit with a little more room.  A lot of customers complaign that the legs are too wide and go down a size. 

If you've been used to a skinny jean, be sure to try a size down because you will feel you have fabric everywhere.

They're great if the thigh is your problem area, and you don't have to have the cuff.  Just steam it out!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

The vendor says these are a refined boyfriend jean, not too loose and sloppy like some can be.  I would agree with this as I have 3 of the colors. The new color is already on order. They have stretch so they do loosen as you wear them. These are great jeans and not tight at all if ordered size is correct. 

@AmericanBulldogMom  I ordered the new color too and can't wait to get them.  I have a pair of her gf jeans and two pairs of her silky jeans and love them all.  

Honored Contributor

Didn't watch this presentation.  So I don't know what they looked like.  Generally a boyfriend jean is more relaxed in fit.  It always has a rolled up hem.  Girlfriend jean is slimmer style, again with the roll up at the end.  I like both,  Sometimes, Frame or Rag and Bone will will tailor the jean, so it's not so "sloppy" looking.  When it's tailored, it looks fantastic.  That's when I buy them.