Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Deree wrote:

I would call them a slim leg cuffed jean. I don't see that it matters what one calls them you can see the way they fit everyone.

Just don't call them 'farmer's jeans' !!!

@fitfuninformed   Yes, that would inflame those who think vegetables grow in supermarkets.

Respected Contributor

Re: Boyfriend Jeans?

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are correct, those jeans are not by any stretch of the imagination a boyfriend jean.  Boyfriend jeans are a little relaxed in the legs.  They call some jeans like the TSV a girlfriend jean to distinguish them from a true bf cut.  They aren't too tight on the models because the jeans really a very slim straight jean with a cuff.  Not a boyfriend jean.

@chrystaltree   Recently, Carolyn had a designer on with her.  She opined that her jacket was a size-18 and far too big for her so if you got your correct size it would not look big on you as this one was on her.  However, I observed that it would not even meet in the front on Carolyn.  Just wondering what makes these larger hosts and models choose items too small.  Someone needs to tell them to wear a larger size which would make them look smaller, not larger.

Carolyn sometimes has to do the best she can with the garment she is wearing/selling. She has narrow, sloped shoulders and carries her weight through her mid-section (by her own admission, on both counts). In some garments, she is forced to choose between having it fit through the shoulders/bust/armholes and having it a bit tight through the middle, or sizing up, which makes the whole garment look too big and hang through the shoulders. With off the rack clothing, it's not always as simple as "sizing up."

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I'm sure that's all true and that they are nice jeans.  They just are NOT boyfriend jeans.  There's already a term out there for this style of jeans and it is not called "refined".  It's called girlfriend jeans.  

Times change. These days, "boyfriend jeans" can mean a lot of different things. Yes, the originals were looser and baggier, but go search "boyfriend jeans" at Nordstrom, for example. You will find a huge variety of cuts and styles -- some slim cut, some ripped, some high waisted, some relaxed, some distressed ... yet all called boyfriend jeans. And, yes, there are a few called girlfriend jeans, too. The most common feature seems to be the rolled cuff, but they don't even all have that!

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are correct, those jeans are not by any stretch of the imagination a boyfriend jean.  Boyfriend jeans are a little relaxed in the legs.  They call some jeans like the TSV a girlfriend jean to distinguish them from a true bf cut.  They aren't too tight on the models because the jeans really a very slim straight jean with a cuff.  Not a boyfriend jean.

@chrystaltree   Recently, Carolyn had a designer on with her.  She opined that her jacket was a size-18 and far too big for her so if you got your correct size it would not look big on you as this one was on her.  However, I observed that it would not even meet in the front on Carolyn.  Just wondering what makes these larger hosts and models choose items too small.  Someone needs to tell them to wear a larger size which would make them look smaller, not larger.

Carolyn sometimes has to do the best she can with the garment she is wearing/selling. She has narrow, sloped shoulders and carries her weight through her mid-section (by her own admission, on both counts). In some garments, she is forced to choose between having it fit through the shoulders/bust/armholes and having it a bit tight through the middle, or sizing up, which makes the whole garment look too big and hang through the shoulders. With off the rack clothing, it's not always as simple as "sizing up."

She needs to get rid of those short jean jackets over long tops - that look is not her style friend.  And the metallic shoes don't go with everything.  These people have stylists - make use of them! Just my opinion of course, which means absolutely nothing!

Respected Contributor

Re: Boyfriend Jeans?

[ Edited ]

@dulwich If you find these are not what you like, her Weekender Jeans are her roomiest fitting jeans. They may be what you’d prefer/are looking for. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom   I am actually looking forward to getting these good to try something new eh?  Will check out her Weekender Jeans too.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

The vendor says these are a refined boyfriend jean, not too loose and sloppy like some can be.  I would agree with this as I have 3 of the colors. The new color is already on order. They have stretch so they do loosen as you wear them. These are great jeans and not tight at all if ordered size is correct. 

@AmericanBulldogMom   Do u  think I should order my Dept store size jean or size down?  I’m an xs but not sure whether to order 2 or 4... can’t imagine I’d ever be a 2 but I am a 4 in the stores. Thanks for any advice!

Respected Contributor

Some places have boyfriend jeans and slim boyfriend jeans.

Just depends what yiu’re Looking for I suppose.

I ordered these. I have slim thighs, so I think they will work nicely without too much

bagginess in the thigh and butt areas. At least I hope so....

I have a couple of pairs of her jeans in the silky denim, I think she calls it, and like them.

Looking forward to seeing how this other denim compares in both fit and wear.

I actually like Laurie - she is always pretty quiet, calm and collected. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

If she came out with 5 pocket jeans (like these) in the silky denim, in numbered sizing, count me in.

I ordered, too. I think her other jeans fit more like leggings/jeggings. So I hope this is going to be a happy medium. (I don't care what she calls them.)

Respected Contributor

@equss wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

The vendor says these are a refined boyfriend jean, not too loose and sloppy like some can be.  I would agree with this as I have 3 of the colors. The new color is already on order. They have stretch so they do loosen as you wear them. These are great jeans and not tight at all if ordered size is correct. 

@AmericanBulldogMom   Do u  think I should order my Dept store size jean or size down?  I’m an xs but not sure whether to order 2 or 4... can’t imagine I’d ever be a 2 but I am a 4 in the stores. Thanks for any advice!

@equss  I size down in her Claasic jeans. I am generally an 8, but in all her classic jean styles I wear a 6. (These have give in them too after wearing.)