Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I guess I am out of the loop but looking at today’s Tsv - boyfriend Jeans - to me all models seem to be wearing them too tight.  I thought they were supposed to look more relaxed and would look better that way.

Carolyn’s are way too tight on her she needs to go up a size would look better - maybe these should be called straight leg.  Disappointed as I love this style.

Trusted Contributor

@dulwich   There is a COMPLETE explanation of the fit of these jeans in the thread here under fashion, just one opine over.  If you refer to the discussion there you can get an "opinion" of this fit and description thereof, at nauseum. 

Honored Contributor

You are correct, those jeans are not by any stretch of the imagination a boyfriend jean.  Boyfriend jeans are a little relaxed in the legs.  They call some jeans like the TSV a girlfriend jean to distinguish them from a true bf cut.  They aren't too tight on the models because the jeans really a very slim straight jean with a cuff.  Not a boyfriend jean.

Respected Contributor

The vendor says these are a refined boyfriend jean, not too loose and sloppy like some can be.  I would agree with this as I have 3 of the colors. The new color is already on order. They have stretch so they do loosen as you wear them. These are great jeans and not tight at all if ordered size is correct. 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I'm sure that's all true and that they are nice jeans.  They just are NOT boyfriend jeans.  There's already a term out there for this style of jeans and it is not called "refined".  It's called girlfriend jeans.  

Trusted Contributor

It's yet another designer's version.  In other words, L.F.'s version of a boyfriend jean.

Respected Contributor

Re: Boyfriend Jeans?

[ Edited ]

b@AmericanBulldogMom   Thank you for your help - I did order a pair going by click-ons before presentation last night but when I saw them today on t.v. realized they are not what I consider ‘boyfriend’ style.  Tried to cancel but no go - will give them a try and hope I am pleasantly

surprised!  Enjoy yours.

@chrystaltree i also agree with your comments if the item bears the name e.g, boyfriend then I expect it to be that - not so in this case it was/is misleading but hopefully I will love them.

Trusted Contributor

I would call them a slim leg cuffed jean. I don't see that it matters what one calls them you can see the way they fit everyone.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

@Deree wrote:

I would call them a slim leg cuffed jean. I don't see that it matters what one calls them you can see the way they fit everyone.

Just don't call them 'farmer's jeans' !!!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You are correct, those jeans are not by any stretch of the imagination a boyfriend jean.  Boyfriend jeans are a little relaxed in the legs.  They call some jeans like the TSV a girlfriend jean to distinguish them from a true bf cut.  They aren't too tight on the models because the jeans really a very slim straight jean with a cuff.  Not a boyfriend jean.

@chrystaltree   Recently, Carolyn had a designer on with her.  She opined that her jacket was a size-18 and far too big for her so if you got your correct size it would not look big on you as this one was on her.  However, I observed that it would not even meet in the front on Carolyn.  Just wondering what makes these larger hosts and models choose items too small.  Someone needs to tell them to wear a larger size which would make them look smaller, not larger.