Honored Contributor

Re: Boxy denim dress styling with a pixie cut

[ Edited ]

Andrea:  As ridiculous as this sounds:  I have a similar 'belt' which is actually a camera strap that somone gave to me years ago!  It's adjustable, and I like wearing it.  I'm guessing that there are similar real belts online and in stores.  Like that look worn with O/P's denim dress!  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@prats

Dovetailing off @Brittany-QVC 's idea...you might try something like this look...

Eileen Fisher Linen Shirtdress, Tank & Capri Pants

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I wear my hair in a very short pixie and soften my look with beautiful scarfs. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That dress is really cute! I love the frayed hemline, that's very "in" right now.

I think layered necklaces would look nice with that.

Or, silver or gold earrings. Maybe chandeliers. I think people with a pixie cut look great in earrings.

FYI, I saw a denim dress at Macys last night that I really liked. It comes in dark blue or medium blue. It's actually Lyocell, not denim fabric, which makes it a bit dressier and able to be worn a lot of places.

INC International Concepts Drawstring Chambray Shirtdress, Only at Macy's

Macys is having their friends  & family sale right now, 25 percent off everything, and shipping is free for orders of $25 or more!

Contributor

What shoes are you going to be wearing?  I found this Isaac belt that comes in a number of colors both solid and color block http://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live!-Leather-Stretch-Waist-Belt.product.A264209.html?sc=A264209-SR...

Respected Contributor

I think either a long colorful or silver necklace would look good.

Contributor

@Fifi1 Thanks for the ideas. Will try both styles Smiley Happy

@Lipstickdiva Yessss, the OBI.... I have them Smiley Happy

@Brittany-QVC Wow, that;s a new perspective. A little tricky with collar and sleeves I guess. But will definitely try that out. The more the options, the merrier Smiley Happy

@ID2 Wow, I totally forgot scarves. Thanks.

@peachesncream That's a nice find. Thanks!

@JumperRider I usually wear sandals or slip ons. Belt looks great. I have something similar!

@Iwantcoffee Oh sure, will try that. 

Thank you all for so many wonderful suggestions. I am gonna keep the dress and will love trying all the options Smiley Happy