Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bottega Veneta Sequined Gown

It's beautiful.  I think the model is too tall for it though.  Maybe it's supposed to be the length it is to showcase the matching shoes?  I would prefer it if didn't have the neckline it currently has though.  Very nice.  I'll bet it's heavy to wear too.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Beautiful gown but it's to short on the model and she is standing awkwardly with her feet apart. 

agree with your observation  of the model stance .  A very dominate   pose. The neck looks tight on the dress

Respected Contributor

I love the dress.  Like the material and the covered look for a change.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I like it.  I am no prude, but I find it a refreshing change from those dresses that seem to be glued on to cover or not strategic places on the body.  

I could see this dress on a bride with a long veil.  Beautiful fabric and tastefully done.  

Just wondering what the back looks like.  Perhaps it is backless and low cut. Hope not. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Stunning , exquisite and a stand out.  My only dislike as others posted is the length.  It should be longer.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t like it at all 👎👎

Honored Contributor

I like it but it looks heavy

Trusted Contributor

Very beautiful gown. I have a long neck so the neck on this gown doesn't bother me. Such a gorgeous fabric.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is she actually wearing that dress or did they take a photo of her head and superimpose it on top of the dress then do the same w/her feet. Cause something looks weird. 

On second thought, after looking at the photo again...is that a boy modeling it? That would explain the strange look of the pose since it's more like a masculine stance. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Beautiful gown but it's to short on the model and she is standing awkwardly with her feet apart. 

On the other hand, I feel very strongly about skirts so long that they are walked on, and that style is fairly ubiquitous, so THIS in my opinion, is a refreshing change.

It also allows sparkly graceful shoes to make a potential comeback.

The combination of heels so high that no human can walk gracefully in them and hangy draggy skirts has brought back the clingy to somebody's arm bit- not a fan of that either.

I LOVE THE WHOLE LOOK OF THE MODEL IN THE PICTURE- looking forward to seeing more interpretations of it.