Super Contributor
Have you looked at sock booties. Have a heel and the part on your leg is like stretch material so fit is easy. Taller than ankle boots.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought some mid calf boots from the Q in black.  They are the Sofft brand and are wonderful.  I am only 5'1" and would not consider tall shaft boots. They would cut me off and make me look shorter.

Honored Contributor

I am almost 72 and I wear knee highs. I think it depends more on how you are proportioned ,than your height.  I get lots of compliments  about how they look with jeans and skinny pants

I have Sarto and  Mizrahi, and I love them both

Honored Contributor

@Debbie555 wrote:
I need some advice. I own plenty of casual warm weather boots but I’m looking for a riding boot style for Christmas Eve. This is just a casual thing with family but I want something a bit less casual than my usual. The thing is I’m short with short legs and I don’t want them to be all the way to the knee. Maybe 3/4 ? Just a nice black boot and I really don’t know where to look. Everything I do look at in riding boots are too tall. Anyone else have this problem and can recommend something? FYI I’m just gonna be wearing black leggings and a chenille red tunic nothing fancy. Thanks!

@Debbie555  Another short legged gal here. I solved the higher boot issue w/ cowgirl boots...Yep, they’re back “in” this year although I wear mine every year...in or out. They hit me a few inches below the knee....would be good with leggings and/or skinny jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@Debbie555  Hi.  I am another 5 ft short legged woman.  I cannot wear a boot shaft taller than 14" or it swallows up my leg!  Last year I bought Frye Boots Style 12R Harness.  The shaft is around 12" and it's still sold in Nordstrom.  They're good quality leather and very substantial.  I laughed at the Vince Camuto boots showed as the TSV yesterday with a 19.5" shaft height. They are not made for petite ladies!

Super Contributor

what is your boot size?

Honored Contributor

Re: Boots for 63 year old!

[ Edited ]

@Debbie555  Did you look at Nordstrom?  They did have some boots on sale.  Check it out.  Free shipping too.  These are on sale for $87.10 by Earth.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Debbie555  Here is another one called the Morris Bootie by Sam Edelman for $112.50 @ Nordstrom too.  Go to Nordstrom, Select Sale and Select Shoes and Select Boots.  You might like the stacked heel on this one.  I'm done shopping.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Debbie555

Easy Street- "Jewel"

Super Contributor
I like several of these especially especially the Morris bootie but they’re too short and I’m looking for flat boots.
Thebig1 I am 5 feet, short legs, small feet-size 5. Some of my casual boots have a 10 inch shaft and theyre well below my knee. I wonder how long (shaft) can I go? 13 inches?