Honored Contributor

Re: Boot leg and flare jeans big in 2021?

I've never stopped wearing bootcut jeans, more of a demi-bootcut tho. I also am glad that higher waists are available again. Makes the body/legs look longer and leaner. But, I'm all legs anyway, lol. My last few pair of jeans purchased have been high waist. Mid-rise seems to create more of a muffin-top, at least on me. I also have some sort of bootcut dress pants that I like a lot.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo  Thanks, so pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I only wear a boot cut or straight leg in jeans . Would love some boot cut dress pants.  

@Icegoddess 

Express has the barely boot cut columnist. I have a couple pairs and they're nice. @San Antonio Gal Likes them too

A7D4F81B-24BC-4165-AC08-11A793FA59A0.jpeg

@Andreatoo darn, no petites.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

I believe they referred to them as short. And from what I've seen they are shorter than they used to be. They were 30 inches but now they're 28. I just spoke with customer service online

I know that's not particularly petite but it's shorter than they used to be! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I was specifically looking for Petite.  It's not as much about the length because I would more than likely wear them with heels.  It's about the waist-to-crotch.  If it was a low waist, I might could get away with wearing just the Shorts and wear the waist higher on the body, but where the waistline is on the model, I wouldn't want to wear it any higher.  Nothing worse than a low-hanging crotch and thus Petite pants.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Just find a pair that doesn't hug the knee tightly before the outward flare.  You can look much more slim.

These highlight the thigh.  

See the source image

@ECBG 

I'm not fond of the whiskering but otherwise the model has a great set of legs! I don't see where her thighs look bad

@Andreatoo 

Not this model, Darlin'.  Anyone who has thigh issues.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I know that we're proportioned differently but I'm only a half an inch or an inch taller than you and I haven't had any problems with a disproportionate crotch. 
They do have different rises that you can try within the barely boot cut line

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Yahoo Style:

Yes, friends, the '70s silhouette is back, and we've already spotted the style on some of our favorite celebrities including, Margot Robbie, Priyanka Chopra, and Gigi Hadid. Thanks to designers such as Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Gucci, leg-lengthening flares are set to be huge this year. And we've noticed that fashionable french girls, in particular, have been quick to jump on the trend.

AG Jeans

I like the flare leg with a low waist - or a bootcut.

@San Antonio Gal - I usually don't go for boot-cut, but these are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

Just so it's not the super duper flare or wide bell, I'd be OK with it.  I have a couple pairs of low-waisted baby bells at the bottom of a jeans drawer.  I haven't worn them in 3 years....   

I like the look in the photo above.  Monochromatic makes it more appealing to me.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I loved wearing bellbottoms 50 years ago, but now I can't stand fabric flapping around my ankles.