Honored Contributor

Re: Boot leg and flare jeans big in 2021?

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Yahoo Style:

Yes, friends, the '70s silhouette is back, and we've already spotted the style on some of our favorite celebrities including, Margot Robbie, Priyanka Chopra, and Gigi Hadid. Thanks to designers such as Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Gucci, leg-lengthening flares are set to be huge this year. And we've noticed that fashionable french girls, in particular, have been quick to jump on the trend.

AG Jeans

I like the flare leg with a low waist - or a bootcut.

Linea used to make pants like this. I still have them. Worn with a silk blouse and beautiful belt, they are lovely. I still wear slim leg pants but a slight flare leg are a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

Thanks for posting @San Antonio Gal .

Honored Contributor

I like pants and jeans with a slight flare and also straight legs.  Skinny leg pants and jeans are not so much for me although I have worn them.  I am not as comfortable in them and I do not feel they are as flattering to me.  I think a slight flare or straight leg balances me out more.  Even at my thinnest, I had always a bit of hip and booty!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I like my high waisted flares, I like my low rise boot cut and I like my slim straights.

My least favorite Jean style is probably a skinny but even those that aren't loaded with spandex and tight around my ankles are good too

As for flares making short girls look shorter the higher waist actually extends the leg line.

25290A17-9440-4A73-867F-C4B8FD611F8D.jpegI am only 5'2

Hi @Andreatoo I think this pant style is different from the one posted by @San Antonio Gal in that the pants she posted fit close from the hip to the knee and then flare, and the pair you are wearing are wide at the knee.  I would call your pants wide leg pants, not boot cut or flare.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Depends on the cut - there are "boot leg" and then there are "booooot leg."

This is a good cut .... I think I have some with that style leg from WWC from a few years ago.  

I do too.  Love them!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

They were actually referred to as relaxed flares on the label.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Just find a pair that doesn't hug the knee tightly before the outward flare.  You can look much more slim.

These highlight the thigh.  

See the source image

@ECBG  I think this model looks great, though she could be posing a little better  I like to wear my pants like her, close from the hip to the knee, then a slight flare below. Nothing wrong with thighs.  I don't agree that wearing big pants makes thighs appear slimmer.  

I think this is the same shape of pants that @San Antonio Gal posted, just diffferent body types or possibly photoshoppping.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I’ve always liked & worn a subtle flare or barely bootcut jean and pant. I never stopped wearing mine. The style of the pants in the original post look great to me. 👍

I have also been wearing slight boot cut or straight or slim pants or leggings for years.  Depends on the top.  If the top has volume, I will wear a slimmer pant.  If the top is slim, I may wear the slim bootcut.  The high waists I can't wear because my torso is short. I sometimes have to fold the waist in the front, but I don't care for the bulk that adds.  Where I live, tailoring the waistband is cost prohibitive.  That is why Women With Control have been so perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

They were actually referred to as relaxed flares on the label.

That makes sense.