Esteemed Contributor
It's raining cats and dogs at the country château where my husband and I arrived after six days in Paris. I know...no sympathy for bad weather if the word château is in the sentence. So, while my Paris fashion sitings are fresh in my mind, I decided to submit my yearly Paris fashion report. First, Parisians are wearing the same kinds of clothes we do...nice pants, jeans, skirts, but they tend to wear more cotton blouses and fewer knit shirts. Also, they wear more feminine, lacy tops. The most noticeable accessory is the scarf. Everyone seems to wear them, whether it's warm or cool outside. I spent a day in the fashionable rue St. Honoré area and did lots of window shopping. They were showing many 60s-like mini dresses, very short...the kinds of dresses seen on Mad Men. Thankfully, I saw almost no platform shoes. Heels are starting to look more sensible again. I saw lots of shoe-boots (bottines in French ) and bought a pair. Jewelry is still chunky. The colors I saw most were turquoise and coral, not surprising for summer. If I remember anything else I'll let you know. Meanwhile, au revoir.
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for your report. May in France is almost always rainy but for some reason it just adds to the charm. I am glad to hear turquoise and coral are hot. I remember submitting a fashion report a few years ago about orange...it was all over London. It took a couple of years to cross the pond. Did you see any of the beautiful mint green we are loving right now? It is so true about the scarves, the men wear them too. I bought a few and wore them constantly, brought them home and never touched them again. lol

Have a wonderful time, it's hard not to, and thanks again. Oh, did you see any LOGO looking tops? I love LOGO but have never seen anything like it outside of America. Smile

Super Contributor

Thanks for checking in, Vivian.

I always enjoy your fashion reports!

Frequent Contributor
Thank you for your great report! Love reading about current fashions in Paris! Enjoy,
Respected Contributor
Ms. Vivian, thank you for your wonderful report! Love hearing from you, enjoy the spectacular trip!Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the report!

Hope you're having a fabulous time.

Valued Contributor
Vivian...merci! I love the way they look and dress in Europe. When we were in Italy last fall they are very chic even on jeans because they accessorize with jackets, scales and chunky gold or rose gold jewelry. No multiples of things just one big great bracelet, etc. men and women wear scarves. Business men all wear three piece suits and no matter what the age they are all slender because they walk so much and don't eat near as much as Americans. Same in London and Paris....they do love coral and turquoise for summer! As for LOGO, yes, in Italy in fine stores. They were having a heat wave and since I took only a carry on for 8 days I chose the wrong clothes with long pants and light sweaters. I was miserable. I keep seeing the LOGO look in very window and I thought I would get one to see me through. HA! They were all in the 100 or more Euro range, wooza! I passed and went to H&M clearance rack!! All I could think of was how much more comfy and European I would look of I had my LOGO!! And, don't believe any of this...they only wear black,,,no, they love and wear color but anchored with black or brown booties/shooties. And, they all were dressed and put together, even if they were picking up things at the market. I could have just stayed! Meanwhile, Vivian, enjoy the romance I'm the rain of Paris and safe travels home.
Super Contributor
I would love to be in rainy Paris right now, how cool is that...
Regular Contributor

I always enjoy your posts. I'm wondering if the high-low hems on tops, skirts, etc. is worn in France? I've never embraced that look and want to feel justified. Smile

Super Contributor

Our last trip to Paris was 3 years ago - of course we saw the Mona Lisa

because the first tirp we had to see the Palais de Versilles..also

you must see the Conciergerie..where Marie Antoinette

spent her last days before she lost her head.

I love Paris!!!!