Honored Contributor

Bold colors in fashion are supposed to be big in 2022.  Do you like these bold colors and would you wear them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Bold Color Combos for 2022

@San Antonio Gal   I do like the bold colors, but they look best on me in lesser quantities.  I could wear a solid top or a bottom, or a geometric print or a stripe including several brights.

Honored Contributor

I don't like any of those combinations really but I did have a hot pink raincoat once and everytime I wore it strangers wold say I love your raincoat!

It was so cheery!

But eventually after washing and it only being sort of a plastic with lining, it got awful looking and I had to throw it away. I still miss that.

and my mother gave me a lemon yellow, London Fog raincoat that I also loved. I wish I still had it!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I like some bold bright colors and I do own a few.  I wouldn't wear them together though.  For me one piece that stands out is enough.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay   It's not as unusual as your lemon yellow London Fog, but would you believe I never wear my bright red Susan Graver rain jacket from many years ago without getting inquiries from friends or passersby?  It's the really lightweight one that folds into its own pocket and is perfect here in my south Florida rainy season. 

Esteemed Contributor

During the fall and winter months I don't have much color in my wardrobe so when spring comes I'm ready to break out the colors.  I like these color combinations.  Stepping outside the box and knowing how to combine colors is refreshing.  I find when you put on a color the compliments abound.  This doesn't happen so much when wearing black or grey,etc.

Honored Contributor

I can appreciate this trend on others but it is just not me.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal - As a "winter" I love bold colors in clothing as they suit my skin, eye, and hair coloring. (As an aside, where is the bold and bright purple in those images?)  However, while I will wear a bright red coat, I wear that bright red coat with a black sweater, slacks, shoes, and handbag.  Everything else is black to accent that bold color.  

I do like that blue outfit, as that shade of blue is stunning, and I do like that yellow coat and all the pink items worn in those images, but I would wear those individual items against a single coordinated color (except for that all blue combination, because it is all blue and not combined with bright orange or bright yellow or bright pink). 

Respected Contributor

I like color...I really do. I like none of these combos. Woman Indifferent 

Honored Contributor

NO.