Respected Contributor

Re: Boho Chic, the Sequel...

nothing against Veruschka, but in the 60's, I liked Shrimpton:

Jean Shrimpton 1960s Photos - Best Jean Shrimpton Style

Respected Contributor

Re Jean Shrimpton, I remember my best friend in my early junior high school years was looking thru a magazine and saw a picture of Jean Shrimpton and she said, "why would anyone ever want me when they can have someone like her" - or something to that effect.

And my friend was beautiful.  She had really high cheekbones, naturally skinny, beautiful smooth skin, large wide eyes.  All I could think to myself was "who on earth would want me if she thinks that?"  Cat Surprised

But back to the original thread, I like these looks on these women, but I would feel kinda silly wearing these outfits.  Those paisley bells and long flowy dresses.  I guess it also depends on where you live, if you are in the SW or a larger city.  I am on the coast in NC with mostly retired people and these looks just wouldn't work for me here.  Sad to say.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  - I would so wear #2 and # 4.  I think I could pull it off.

Do you by chance know where she got that cool  peace necklance in picture #3?  I really like it.  I bet @lolakimono would give her stamp of approval on that necklace too.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Two thumbs up.

Honored Contributor

I liked most of them but number 4 is fabulous.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I’m not really a boho style person. I would wear a boho inspired top with classic jeans.

I do like the blue top in this photo. 

AD6EC239-C5FE-4418-A1AC-79B6B4B35F91.jpeg

I also like the jeans in these 2 photos. 

DEF75122-75EF-4E16-9325-38B19EA69276.jpeg

25188753-8C5D-4FC7-83D0-07BC3007B06E.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

She has the perfect "look" for that style ... 

I do like the style - but don't have that look to carry it off.

Same here.....

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  This dress caught me off guard because of the busy print against the funky background (which I love)! Once I saw the second photo, I fell in LOVE, and think the avante garde boots complement it nicely. Everything about this look is right, and would rock if I COULD, without the authorities being called for eyeball assault .😂😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Re Jean Shrimpton, I remember my best friend in my early junior high school years was looking thru a magazine and saw a picture of Jean Shrimpton and she said, "why would anyone ever want me when they can have someone like her" - or something to that effect.

And my friend was beautiful.  She had really high cheekbones, naturally skinny, beautiful smooth skin, large wide eyes.  All I could think to myself was "who on earth would want me if she thinks that?"  Cat Surprised

But back to the original thread, I like these looks on these women, but I would feel kinda silly wearing these outfits.  Those paisley bells and long flowy dresses.  I guess it also depends on where you live, if you are in the SW or a larger city.  I am on the coast in NC with mostly retired people and these looks just wouldn't work for me here.  Sad to say.

@jellyBEAN Yes, I know exactly what you mean - not only about Shrimpton but regarding the outfits as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @San Antonio Gal ...pardon the delay!  That pic was from April 2018.  I went back to see if she posted where it was purchased, but she didn't.  I hope you can find something similar...it's a cool piece!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~