Honored Contributor

I also remember Catalina. I had several of their halter tops.

I was working when I was in high school so I used my own money to buy lots of clothes.  

Respected Contributor

My first two piece swimsuit was Bobbie Brooks. It was red gingham and denim, I must have been about 15. My Dad had a fit.

Respected Contributor

I grew up in Southern California and definitely Bobbie Brooks was “the brand” we all wanted to wear. Unfortunately, that was a dream never realized for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I totally forgot about Bobbie Brooks! I had a couple outfits when I was in high school. My grandmother bought them for me because my mother said they were too expensive. I definitely remember "Jack and Diane". It was a big hit in the day. Grew up in the Pittsburgh area.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

My first two piece swimsuit was Bobbie Brooks. It was red gingham and denim, I must have been about 15. My Dad had a fit.

I would have loved that!   Never saw any of their swimsuits in our downtown stores  (the first mall in my area didn’t get built until I was a senior.  Shopped downtown) 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I grew up in Southern California and definitely Bobbie Brooks was “the brand” we all wanted to wear. Unfortunately, that was a dream never realized for me. 

I know...I would have liked to have more than what I splurged on.  But good to hear the California girls had the chance to get this line, too!

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

If those poor dads had to deal with the skimpy suits in style now they would be in a permanent state of conniption. Your swimsuit sounds adorable!

Honored Contributor

I remember Bobbie Brooks - east coast here too. I wore Jantzen swimsuits. I was a swimmer, and I think Jantzen made our swimsuits too. I also remember a brand - Evan Piccone (?). That was my first suit! 

There was a popular teen girl clothing store during that time. I can't remember the name, but it was a chain. Everyone got her clothes there. My high school best friend and I would trade clothes back and forth!

Good memories! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm from the midwest and remember Bobbie Brooks clothing.

It was a higher end line then, and can still be found at Dollar General.

I have several Bobbie Brooks items I've got over the last few years at Dollar General, and it still is not a bad line of basic clothing for the price. 

Respected Contributor

BB was also popular in the Pacific n.w. area. And Best before it was Nordstrom Best carried the line.