Honored Contributor

Ok..so we have the Midwest and the south checking in.  Can’t believe no one in the Western states would have worn this brand, but waiting for more to respond Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I lived in the Midwest and I too loved the Bobbie Brooks brand!  In fact I was just remembering the brand this morning.  Fun to read a thread about it.  

Also loved my Capezio shoes!  Sure wish I had kept a pair. But they were rather fragile with those leather soles and all.  I have googled vintage ads just to see pictures of them.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I used to wear Bobbie Brooks, Jantzen, Catalina, Jonathan Logan, etc.

What memories you brought back.  I wore all those brands also and was especially in love with my blue Jonthan Logan dress and of course my Catalina bathing suit.  East Coast at the time.

Respected Contributor

Also remember a brand called Joshua Tree.  I had a vest and mini skirt outfit in this brand that I just loved.  

Honored Contributor

Catalina...yes, I had a swimsuit.   It cost more than any other one I had owned at the time, but I got many years out of it. 

I was just starting to buy my own clothing during those high school years (part time job $$$) so I splurged on some brands that my mom would not have wanted to buy for me.  

Valued Contributor

I remember wearing Bass Weejuns loafers, @4kitties, and some brand of chunky heels. 

Honored Contributor

We had the Bass shoes where I grew up.  I think at that time they were based in Maine?  I lived in NH. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, of course I remember Bobbie Brooks. That brand, Jack Winter, Catalina, White Stag and Jantzen were sold at the Px on the Army post when I was in school. The military stores would always carry high-end clothing lines and my mom just loved it. She bought me my first double knit pantsuit from the Px...it was Jack Winter. 

Respected Contributor

@Ruby Laine  I remember wearing Bass Weejuns too!  My best friends family owned a wonderful shoe store that carried all of the nice brands.  It was so fun to go there with her and shop!  

Honored Contributor

Most of the brands mentioned, I probably owned or knew of.  The exception is Jack Winter.  No memory of that at all.  I think some brands back then must have been more regional...as my friend suggested when she said she’d never heard of Bobbie Brooks.