Honored Contributor

This was the hot brand when I was in high school, in the mid 70’s.    Kind of pricey for my family, but I always invested in some pieces in the fall as well as others when the spring fashions came out. 

I mentioned this today, to a friend who is the same age as me, and she had never heard of this brand.   She said it must have been an East Coast only brand.  Yes, I grew up on the east coast and she was born and raised in California.  So I am curious...

Another comment...I recently went to a consignment store in Maryland with my daughter and saw some vintage Bobbie Brooks items for sale. I was very interested...had to explain to her, what this style of clothing meant to women my age! If any of those things had been my size, I would have bought them in a nanosecond. 

Honored Contributor

I used to wear Bobbie Brooks, Jantzen, Catalina, Jonathan Logan, etc.

Valued Contributor

I loved Bobbie Brooks back in the ‘60s, and I’d wear it today, too.  Teen Magazine carried their ads, and I think Colleen Corby used to model them. I’d forgotten all about that until your post, @september.  

Honored Contributor

I bought Bobbie Brooks clothing in the 70's when I was in High School. I also bought some from our Wal-Mart. I still have a pair of navy pants in good shape so not sure how long I have had them. I loved their clothing since it fit me well. I could always pick up my size off the rack & it always fit.

Honored Contributor

Nice memories!  Just curious where those of you who purchased clothing items from this brand...what area of the country did you live in at that time?

There was a John Cougar Mellancamp song, called “Jack and Diane” that even mentioned Bobbie Brooks....asked my friend if she had heard of this song, and she said he was from the East Coast, too.   Thought his music and this brand, must have been all over the US.  

Super Contributor

Now I have an earworm!  John Cougar - Jack & Diane.  Big song back when I was in High School in the early 80's.  Bobbie Brooks is featured in the lyrics. ;-)

I remember the clothes and remember them being pricey.  I also remember them having beautiful clothes for Fall that were very well put together.  

Honored Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC wrote:

Now I have an earworm!  John Cougar - Jack & Diane.  Big song back when I was in High School in the early 80's.  Bobbie Brooks is featured in the lyrics. ;-)

I remember the clothes and remember them being pricey.  I also remember them having beautiful clothes for Fall that were very well put together.  

Yes!  Just mentioned the song.  The clothes were expensive but well made. I bought a tan wool skirt and tan and cream argyle type sweater to wear to my first day of high school. It was too hot for this outfit, and I knew it, but I loved the look!

Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

Nice memories!  Just curious where those of you who purchased clothing items from this brand...what area of the country did you live in at that time?

There was a John Cougar Mellancamp song, called “Jack and Diane” that even mentioned Bobbie Brooks....asked my friend if she had heard of this song, and she said he was from the East Coast, too.   Thought his music and this brand, must have been all over the US.  

I was in the Midwest.  

Honored Contributor

@september 

I purchased mine in Ok.

Super Contributor

Re: Bobbie Brooks clothing

[ Edited ]

@september   We were posting at the same time!  I will admit I still crank up the radio when Jack and Diane comes on!

Good thread, good memories.  I was in Florida.