Honored Contributor
Enjoy listening to him, Wonderful designer.
Respected Contributor

This gentleman is total class - wonderful designer and so easy to listen to.  Susan Graver could take a lesson from this man.  

Respected Contributor

I have it on in the background - I did not realize that Bob Mackie's sketch inspired the design of Marilyn's Monroe's iconic "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" dress. 

He's a very gracious and sincere person.

Occasional Contributor

I agree Bob Mackie is a delight to listen to!  Unfornately I'm not crazy about the Host Nancy Hornback.   She seems ill matched to Mr. Mackie and rather ignorant of his lengthy career....as well as fashion....and she just called him"dude" for goodness sakes!  Oh well, he's being a good sport about it.  Maybe she's better with other types of products.  Not everyone can present everything well, and not every Host or Guest has the same appeal to everyone. Smiley Wink  

Valued Contributor

I enjoy watching his shows very much.  Very classy. He doesn't yell, scream, talk too fast  and play around like some of the other designers.  (Dennis Basso, etc) I have alot of Mackie clothes and enjoy them very much.

Honored Contributor

While I like him very much as a person, I have never liked his ready-to-wear fashions.  His "costumes" (i.e., Cher) are fantastic though.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Bob Mackie is a true gentleman! Love watching him when I get the chance. I have a few of his tops and just ordered the wide-leg lace printed pants in merlot. Can't wait to get them & see how they look in person!

Honored Contributor

I like him; his clothes? Not so much but that doesn't mean I think he should be relegated to 1:00 AM presentations! He's a legend!

Esteemed Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

I enjoy watching his shows very much.  Very classy. He doesn't yell, scream, talk too fast  and play around like some of the other designers.  (Dennis Basso, etc) I have alot of Mackie clothes and enjoy them very much.

---------------------------

I totally agree!  He is a total gentlemena...so gracious and low key.   I enjoy hearing him...love his "selling" techniques.  He doesn't have to yell, scream, dance or talk too fast...his products sell themselves!!  I own several of his garments and always receive great compliments on them.

Respected Contributor

I have A269540 in black and purple.  It is very well made and at a bargain price.