Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

. He also doesn't like it when a host says something about a fabric or design that again show their ignorance. And he corrects them. Other vendors often let it slide. I'd rather he correct them.

I agree with this.   I think he should correct them and does.  Many don't know what they are talking about and Bob certainly does. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@silkyk  I have that leaves jacket in forest green also (as well as several other colors including the spice which is my favorite - also have black and ivory, accumulated over a good many years).  I also always get compliments on them, esp. that leaves one.  It's gorgeous.  He should do that one again.

@Vivian Oh, my!  I knew he'd lost his son, but not his life partner also.  When did that happen?  He was with someone for a very long time.

I noticed today that his face looked very drawn - cheekbones showing, etc.  I wondered what was up with him. He usually  looks so youthful and healthy.

Hi Pearley! This is the one...SO darn pretty! I see there are a couple over on ebay so I might have to look for one in another color. Didn't know about those! But this one is just so perfect...I feel part of the season wearing it right now with all the leaves turning. Almost like camouflage! Happy to know other Bob fans are loving it too!

NEW! Bob Mackie Wearable Art EMBROIDERED LEAVES Lined GREEN Fleece Jacket/L

Honored Contributor

I saw Antonella host with him once and they seemed to get along so good.!! She was so funny and he seemed to really enjoy her. I think there are also certain hosts he prefers to work with as well.I did not see this show with Jacque, but usually she is very good with him!!!!! I am thinking of getting a ouple of pieces for my mom for Christmas from his line-his jackets are beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@silkyk  Yep, that's the one!  Love mine!

I changed the buttons out on my black one of his.  I thought the antique brass "M's just didn't look good on the black.  I got beautiful faceted black buttons that look like onyx at Jo Ann's and replaced the buttons. The black coat looks so much better with them!

A woman who is a buyer/manager for an art museum gift shop went nuts over my black one once.  I told her where I got it and she whisked me into her private office, got online after I showed her how to find it, and ordered it while I was there.  I thought it was high praise from a professional buyer who is also artsy!  Wearable Art indeed!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@silkyk  Yep, that's the one!  Love mine!

I changed the buttons out on my black one of his.  I thought the antique brass "M's just didn't look good on the black.  I got beautiful faceted black buttons that look like onyx at Jo Ann's and replaced the buttons. The black coat looks so much better with them!

A woman who is a buyer/manager for an art museum gift shop went nuts over my black one once.  I told her where I got it and she whisked me into her private office, got online after I showed her how to find it, and ordered it while I was there.  I thought it was high praise from a professional buyer who is also artsy!  Wearable Art indeed!

WOW that's a great button idea! I am a silver/white gold girl and those buttons always kinda bugged me so today I am off to JoAnns and get out my needle and thread. I too have told ladies that this was a  Mackie" and got a look like "oh my it must have been expensive"....then when I tell them I got it on tv they always have a ????? look. I forget how many people do NOT watch the ole Q. I tell them and start them on a new vice! Enjoy your lovely jackets Pearley! (I'll be looking for those other colors on ebay!)

Respected Contributor

Bob Mackie is a gem. I don't think everything he offers is for me, but he has a great variety and well made, beautifully designed pieces. I have about 10 of his items and especially love my fleece jackets. He is a true designer--and respects his craft and the audience. A few visits back he mentioned that he had been criticised by other designers for dressing women who were not stick thin. His response was that all women are beautiful and deserve beautiful clothing and he loved providing classic clothes for plus size ladies as much as the starlets. Hooray for Bob!!