Valued Contributor

what has happened to Bob Mackie?

Honored Contributor

Perhaps he's being phased out.  QVC never announces the discontinuation of a line, it just fades away.  Bob is about 80 years old now and may want to retire. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Was thinking the same. Would be nice if the suits at QVC kept us in the loop. 

Respected Contributor

i think it was the first of the year, when they "phased" out Louis del Olio, too.

Respected Contributor

@hovis wrote:

what has happened to Bob Mackie?

@hovis 

Last year I think it was spring he had many things on clearance and I purchased some of his slacks, they are beautiful.  I had never purchased anything from his line before and was pleased but it appeared they were phasing him out then.   

Honored Contributor

He could be very busy, maybe designing costumes for a play, etc.

Wishing Mr. Mackie the very best of health and safety and success.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr, I really miss Mr. delOlio. He was always a gentleman. His lovely wife he genuinely loved seems to his not wanting to sell his clothing. She always wore his designs beautifully. I, for one, truly miss him.He will always be Number1. Some of these new clothing people appear to have found their outfits in a GRAB BAG. They are not DESIGNERS!!

Honored Contributor

He's in his 80's. He's wealthy.  He probably retired.  I don't see him presenting his clothes via Skype.

Trusted Contributor

Bob has a retrospectve book with pictures coming out on Nov. 9--go look on Amazon.  He also has at least 10 brand new outfits on QVC.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Btw, I just Q-searched Bob Mackie, and there are quite a few wonderful prices on many of his Q fashions.  

Take a look!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).