Respected Contributor
Just saw Bob Mackie on QVC2 with Antonella. He has really aged. I know he had a hip replacement but he looks like an old man now. I felt sad seeing him age. He remains a dapper gentleman though and understated compared to most of the motor mouths on QVC.
Honored Contributor

Funny you should say that because I was thinking he never seems to age and always looks just the same.  He doesn't seem to have the energy he used to have, however. Who does at his age?

I believe he had a knee replacement.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Op sounds like getting old is a sin or a crime or something to be ashamed of.  I got news for you, op.  If you aren't old now....you will be, if you are lucky.  Bob Mackie is old.  He's also active and artistic and wealthy and still doing the work he loves.  He also seems like he's happy and a nice person.  We should all be so lucky when we get old.

Honored Contributor

Aging isn't so bad, and it sure beats the alternative!

Respected Contributor

If you're lucky to get up in years, please post your photo so we can see if you aged well or if you didn't  We'll be very specific.  Thanks.  

Contributor

If you are fortunate enough to "age and look old,"  perhaps then you will become enlightened of what a true blessing you have been given.

Respected Contributor

I do not take the OP's post as derogative.  Its funny how sometimes a person can see someone again and again and yet not notice any changes, then suddenly you can see the difference that time makes.  This includes me and my own face when I look in the mirror.  A wrinkle or age spot does not grow overnight, it develops slowly.  But one morning I am putting on my make up and then Wow - where the heck did that come from ?!?!

Love Bob Mackie and his designs are beautiful.  He is so talented !

Trusted Contributor

He always looks the same to me.

Respected Contributor

IMO Bob Mackie just keeps getting better and better and I hope I will have his attitude and easy going spirit.  I enjoy his shows and his fresh perspective and his sense of humor..  

Although I like Antonella, I enjoy her more in something other than fashion.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard anything nasty about Bob Mackie. For as many years as he has had in the business, that is a rare thing

I think he looks fine and fit. He also happens to be a very loved ,and respected ,figure. God bless him