Esteemed Contributor

I think Bob is a lovely, talented gentleman. It's a pleasure to watch him. Unlike some other designers who bad-mouth QVC, he always shows respect for his QVC clientele. If you google his name you'll see that he has been through a lot in his life, from financial challenges to the loss of his only child and the loss of his life partner. You'd never know how much he has probably suffered in his life. I have immense respect for him as a designer and as a human being, 

Respected Contributor

I just pulled my Mackie green jacket with a scattering of fall leaves across the front (from Q) that comes out pf my closet every Autumn. Had it forever! Compliments every time I wear it this time of year....just perfect! All my Mackie pieces seem timeless and I'll wear them forever! A gentleman and a REAL designer. Q is lucky to have him!

Honored Contributor

Bob is real prince of a guy, but Bob with Jacque.... not so much.  She doesn't wear well and a two hour show becomes unbearable.  Maybe he requests her so he only has to do minimal talking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

What happened to her..............................used to e so professional?

Honored Contributor

@silkyk  I have that leaves jacket in forest green also (as well as several other colors including the spice which is my favorite - also have black and ivory, accumulated over a good many years).  I also always get compliments on them, esp. that leaves one.  It's gorgeous.  He should do that one again.

@Vivian Oh, my!  I knew he'd lost his son, but not his life partner also.  When did that happen?  He was with someone for a very long time.

I noticed today that his face looked very drawn - cheekbones showing, etc.  I wondered what was up with him. He usually  looks so youthful and healthy.

Occasional Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@silkyk  I have that leaves jacket in forest green also (as well as several other colors including the spice which is my favorite - also have black and ivory, accumulated over a good many years).  I also always get compliments on them, esp. that leaves one.  It's gorgeous.  He should do that one again.

@Vivian Oh, my!  I knew he'd lost his son, but not his life partner also.  When did that happen?  He was with someone for a very long time.

I noticed today that his face looked very drawn - cheekbones showing, etc.  I wondered what was up with him. He usually  looks so youthful and healthy.

his partner died in 2011 at the age of 83.....he was also a costume designer. they had been together since 1983.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl I agree Bob can get "prickly." I have to smile when he does. He's so naturally gentle and sweet, it's nice to see he too can become irritated. 8) I think Bob has his special hosts he enjoys being with. He likes it when the host is conversational about his product, sensibly so, and to lead him into describing it in detail. He loves talking color, art and design. I like him a lot. I think he likes Jacque. 

Trusted Contributor

Bob does not like it when QVC uses colors that are so off the mark that he can't understand why. He also doesn't like it when a host says something about a fabric or design that again show their ignorance. And he corrects them. Other vendors often let it slide. I'd rather he correct them. Louis does this too. Some of these hosts just don't know what they are talking about.

I think he likes Jill,she does her homework and whether you like her or not or think she dresses matronly, she knows her job and does a good job of explaining things.

OTOH, with so many complaints on this forum about what hosts say on air that irritate people, I just wonder what suggestions everyone would have if they had to host 2 hour shows and there is only so much you can say about a garment once you've talked about sizing, colors, fabrics, details by the vendor. While I agree it is not interesting to me to hear about their families, vacations, kids talents, where you can wear the garment, I just don't know how you would fill that much air time about a sweater.

All the hosts pick up bad habits of using the same phrases over and over and over. I can't watch Jacqui, she constantly says "for those of you getting this".  And don't even get me started on Amy. She seems to think the audience she is selling to is 12. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

I watch for AS IS and clearance when I buy his clothing line.  I have gotten a few items that have a western look and they are well made and really really nice.  I check QVC online for them, I never watch.