Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie v Logo

[ Edited ]

What next?  Why not compare LOGO wit\ G.I.L.I.?  That's a more apples and oranges comparison - both are trendy and more youthful.  G..I.L.I. is much pricier than LOGO.

Frequent Contributor

Some of Bob Mackies apparel is classy, amazing and priced well.

Logo is totally different and some of them look like something I could add a row of chiffon to the bottom and call it a designer piece.

Honored Contributor

Logo is way over priced for the fabrics that are being used. (I noticed some of the tops are paper thin).  I hate the long, uneven hemlines -- you look like a bag lady.  I can see the younger girls liking it but it's definitely not for me.  Bob Mackie is also not for me but once in a while he does do something more subdued that I like.  I like more of the JJill look and some D&Co. tops.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

there is no comparison in these two lines, but Mackie is an established and long time designer.  that should tell you something right there.  logo is just a trend.

Respected Contributor

LOGo-overpriced-YES!

Esteemed Contributor

Agree that there is no comparison.  I would not wear a Bob Mackie piece, too embellished for me, but I love the Logo line.  I like the thinner material that Lori uses, they just flow.  If you are a shopper you would see that the thinner fabrics are more expensive.  I have bought tops that resemble Logo at lower prices elsewhere, but they are just not the same, and never seem to have pockets.  Logo is getting expensive, but clothing prices are going up everywhere.  I'm just trying to be more selective or wait for clearance prices.  It's just a matter of taste and budget.

Contributor

Wow. Two completely different styles. I think Logo is priced well for the quality of the farbic, design and workmanship. I enjoy the style of LOGO and always receive compliments while wearing LOGO pieces. Good thing that we have choices! Departments stores often carry a variety of designers prices and quality and so does QVC. So shop for what YOU love and feel comfortable paying for.

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't wear either of these clothing lines.

Trusted Contributor

YAWN

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I try to buy some of the Mackie pieces that do not have embellishment. Recent purchases were A268231 in the gray and brown colors and A265369 in the gray/pink color. These pieces work well with some of the Linea Leisure line (pants).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼