Honored Contributor

Bob Mackie - such a classic gentleman

[ Edited ]

I do love to watch Bob's shows.  Not everything of his appeals to me because it may not suit my fancy or age and style but some of his things are absolutely stunning.

Love watching this current show on right now with Ms Classic herself, MaryBeth!

I am SO into longer cardis this season.  Earlier this morning checking out the 'top finds', Bob has a long cardigan with modest embroidery on each shoulder, done right, nice accent colors.  I t hink it may turn into a hot seller when they show this one on tv - holy cow, a sneek peek right now!!!!  I couldn't decide which color and finally opted for the beigy taupe.  I don't have a cardi this color yet.  Well soon I will - this is item A283753, size medium and I did do easy pay on this one. A bit pricey but it's a Bob Mackie.

Regular Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie - such a classic gentleman

I completely agree! He's so gentle and kind. I wish I liked more of his designs for myself so I could support him more!

Respected Contributor

Classic?  Maybe.  Not always a gentleman.  He can be snippy and rude at times.

Honored Contributor

snippy & rude?  You had to make this simple post go snippy & rude too apparently.

Respected Contributor

He and Mary Beth are great together.  So calm, calm voices - soothing presentation, which is rare nowadays. 

Honored Contributor

I am really enjoying the banter between Mary Beth and Bob. He is definitely an artist with the quirky personality to go with it. I get the feeling he is a perfectionist...thus the frequent corrections he makes when the host descriptions don't match his vision. 

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Yes, this is true! I've seen the man make some rude comments about style. He's a man who speaks his mind...no doubt about it. Does not make him any less a gentleman imo.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I ordered two sequin items for a cruise and the price for the jacket was the same price of the LOGO today special, I had to planned to return the LOGO item but this confirmed my thought process and I had to admit to myself that I got caught up in the hype of the LOGO item for ME the value can not compare.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

He is enjoyable to watch with hosts he likes like MaryBeth and Jackie.  There are other hosts with whom he has little patience.  (Can't say I blame him there...)

As far as his clothing, it's really not my thing.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

Yes, this is true! I've seen the man make some rude comments about style. He's a man who speaks his mind...no doubt about it. Does not make him any less a gentleman imo.Woman Happy

I think that sometimes he is paired with a host who is clueless about fashion and it frustrates an old pro. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan