Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie - such a classic gentleman

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

Classic?  Maybe.  Not always a gentleman.  He can be snippy and rude at times.

Yes, this is true! I've seen the man make some rude comments about style. He's a man who speaks his mind...no doubt about it. Does not make him any less a gentleman imo.Woman Happy

I think that sometimes he is paired with a host who is clueless about fashion and it frustrates an old pro. 

It may be that younger hosts find it difficult to sell his fashions because they find it hard to relate to the very embellished styles directed towards an older demographic.  He needs a well seasoned host who relates...

Esteemed Contributor

Bob is a low key - calm - dignified & quiet......  so hates working with AN.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

snippy & rude?  You had to make this simple post go snippy & rude too apparently.

I did not make it go snippy and rude.  Just gave my opinion.  I think you just did that.

Esteemed Contributor

I love watching his shows and I do own a few of his low key but striking pieces.  I find him low key, calm and quite dignified and yes a perfectionist but I also know he has been in the business long enough at this stage in his life he will tell it like it is and make corrections when necessary.

Respected Contributor

It's not the younger hosts.  I've heard him make some insensitive comments regarding the way others dress.  I understand he's been in the business with some high-society people but there's always room for differences.

Super Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

It's not the younger hosts.  I've heard him make some insensitive comments regarding the way others dress.  I understand he's been in the business with some high-society people but there's always room for differences.

I try to catch his shows because I love the glitter even though I generally do not purchase.  In any case, I have heard him comment on how the general public dress when flying, but I have NEVER heard him point to anyone by name.  I do not think that is rude, I think he is voicing his opinion about society today.

Respected Contributor

I simply LOVE Bob Mackie!!! I do not own anything from him, but I love to watch/hear him. He speaks his mind on things & I like that. I like when he calls the hosts out on something if they ar wrong, it's his clothing & he KNOWS what needs to be said. he is 1 of my very favorite vendors, (if not THE favorite of mine). 

Honored Contributor

When I realize he's on, I'll watch because I like his low-key personality.  I have bought a few of his tops but I rarely pull one out of the closet to wear.  

@PINKdogWOOD, I do like that sweater though, especially in the taupe😍

Esteemed Contributor

His presentation is one of the few that I can actually sit through for the entire show!!  So often, I find myself watching for a couple of minutes and then clicking off the Q channel.  I enjoy that he shares his knowledge of fabric, color, style and design technique.  I thought his show with Mary Beth this morning was one of the best shows lately.  Between his design history/experience and her knowledge  of style, I actually learned a bit.  I own several of Bob's items, but none of the glitter/glitz type!