Honored Contributor

Nice top.  I bought the gray.

I wasn't a fan of gray clothing until recently.  Now that I'm no longer a blonde - I'm liking how I look in gray.  

Click the link at the top of the page to see the other colors

No Image Found

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie's Big Deal 8/6

It reminds me of the D&C feather top that Gary showed yesterday or the day before.  He said they introduced it last year.  Looked mine up and I bought it in. August 2017.  It's a favorite.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

What color is your hair now? I'm just curious cuz I've been toying with the idea of making a change. I hadn't considered it changing the colors I can wear though? mainly because my skin color and eye color would still be a big factor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo 

I've gone "au naturale."   Last week I had the remaining blonde cut off - and got a pixie cut.

I had lightened my hair to a beige blonde for the last 30 or so years.  I'm naturally light brown.

A few months ago I decided it was time to stop coloring - to see what my hair actually looked like now.  I was really suprised that it's still mostly light brown with just some white streaks across the front and a few scattered grays that you can hardly see.

Actually, it looks pretty good with thee white streak.  I'm using purple shampoo - it seems to brighten the white!

Respected Contributor

I've let my hair go gray. The women in my family go gray early. I have pale coloring, blue eyes, and started out with naturally blonde, then light brown hair.

I've always been a "light summer" wearing cool colors. I've noticed a few differences since going gray. Browns and beiges don't work for me, they clash with my hair, so I avoid them near my face. But grays are a whole new ballgame; I consider gray my favorite neutral.  

For other colors, I still favor a light, cool palette. In addition to icy pastels, I wear medium shades of cool colors (ones with a bit more intensity than before). This could be a result of aging, which takes some of the color from the complexion, I think. I still wear pinks and blues and greens and lavender and cool red. 

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream 

I'm fair / neutral with green eyes.  I had honey blonde hair as a kid and then it darkened to a warm light brown.

I've been playing it safe with color .. but will eventually have to go through the closet to check what colors still look okay.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA @peachesncream 

Sounds as if we all have similar coloring! Y'all know what I look like and my coloring which is basically drab; fair skin fair hair light eyes. Not a lot of contrast which means pastels and light shades don't really do me any favors.

I think I do best in darker more saturated shades with the exception of brown! I like it but it doesn't like me!

I've been considering a medium shade of brunette but I haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ALRATIBA @peachesncream 

Sounds as if we all have similar coloring! Y'all know what I look like and my coloring which is basically drab; fair skin fair hair light eyes. Not a lot of contrast which means pastels and light shades don't really do me any favors.

I think I do best in darker more saturated shades with the exception of brown! I like it but it doesn't like me!

I've been considering a medium shade of brunette but I haven't pulled the trigger yet...

@Andreatoo   Oh, honey, you cannot let your hair go drab.  You must do something to spark it up.  Whatever color you wear, make it glorify your head and your look.  You are a lovely lady, make that hair work for you . If you cut it short and go gray, keep it polished and sparkling, or if you go red, make it shiny and vibrant.  It's up to you but let your hair define you and your lovely figure.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Nice top.  I bought the gray.

I wasn't a fan of gray clothing until recently.  Now that I'm no longer a blonde - I'm liking how I look in gray.  

Click the link at the top of the page to see the other colors

No Image Found

Very pretty top you are gettting.  Love Bob Mackie; he is a true gentleman in every way!  Something you do not see in theis day and age, love watching his shows.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

My overall coloring is already pretty bland. Hey it is what it is!  But I'm thinking a rich brown will liven things up!

I've always liked the look of dark hair with blue eyes so why not?

@ALRATIBA got my attention when she said altering her hair color affected the colors that she wears. I hadn't really thought about that