Valued Contributor

I hope I don't insult anyone, and I have had some of his pieces that are pretty cute, but for the most part lately, I notice that most of his styles are really weird. Maybe it's just me......I don't like most of it though.

I know there is something for everyone. I get that.....but lately most of his pieces are just not for me.

Honored Contributor

None taken.  You should be able to voice your opinion.  I also own ..... actually, quite a few pieces of his clothes.

I don't care for some of them either.  I'm glad there's something for everyone here.  I have to wonder if he doesn't do much designing these days and many/most of his designs are from the past.

I'd like to see some (of what I THINK) are new designs.

Trusted Contributor

I have 4 of his coats. I absolutely love them. They are not what you would say "the newest trend or style" but if that doesn't matter to you, they are so  soft, light weight, luscious , I could go on and on, about these coats. I'm past the point of worring about what people think about me. 

Respected Contributor

I used to buy many of his things, but in the last 18 months not much has appealed.  It is hard to pinpoint what has changed.  

Honored Contributor

to me, the beauty of Bob's designs was that his silhouettes were classics with beautiful designs.

There's only so much you can redesign a silhouette before it doesn't resemble the beauty of origonal at all.

Esteemed Contributor

He presented a cap sleeve top a year or two ago that really caught my eye.  The print is stunning.  I bought three colors.  I also have a lightweight print cardigan he did, that I don't think I have ever worn.  To me, his designs seem like they fit in an era gone by.  I like to listen to him explain his designs and I am sure he is full of good stories.  But I can't see myself buying much more of his clothing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I haven't look at his stuff for a couple of years!   But .... I'm still wearing a few things I bought a long time ago.  I don't think I bought anything from his line in about 8 years.

"Real" suede embroidered jacket w/knit sleeves  (black w/turq and orange embroidery)

Wide leg pants -- a couple of colors

Real silk quilted jacket (greens, purples)

Quite a few scarves

There may be some silk shirts in the back of the closet.  I don't recall buying any more shirts after he moved from silk to poly.  

I donated a bunch of his fleece jackets and moleskin jackets/pants.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I haven't look at his stuff for a couple of years!   But .... I'm still wearing a few things I bought a long time ago.  I don't think I bought anything from his line in about 8 years.

"Real" suede embroidered jacket w/knit sleeves  (black w/turq and orange embroidery)

Wide leg pants -- a couple of colors

Real silk quilted jacket (greens, purples)

Quite a few scarves

There may be some silk shirts in the back of the closet.  I don't recall buying any more shirts after he moved from silk to poly.  

I donated a bunch of his fleece jackets and moleskin jackets/pants.

I also had his embroidered jacket pants sets in just about every color.  They also were donated.  

Respected Contributor

Not my tatse at all. Very old lady looking to me.

Honored Contributor

Just this past spring I bought six of his maxi dresses...three colors in one design and three of the other. Everytime I wore them, strangers would stop and ask about them. These are the only BM pieces I ever bought so my experience has been a good one!Woman Very Happy