Valued Contributor

Bob Mackie Skirt-A202154. HELP!

Ladies~I need a bit of help on this one. I have never purchased Bob Mackle before until today I bought this skirt in the taupe color.
I am lost as to what size to get. Right now I have the M & L ordered. But would like to cancel one if I can.
I’ve lost a fair amount of weight in the past 2 years. I’m 5’ 7.5” & went from an 18-20W~2X to a 10/12~M. with a rare 14 if it’s something very unforgiving. I’m on hiatus now from exercising as my leg is in a cast. So I’m trying to eat very light & drink lots of water.
SO...THE SKIRT; the reviews are mixed but, most say it runs large. One woman wrote she is 5’3” & 220 & wears the large!
The “CLICK HERE” measurements are confusing. There’s a big discrepancy in the waist between the M & L. But, the hip measurements are in line.
I’m trying to get used to this new body & where I’m still going once I can exercise again. I just hope to maintain now. But; with ordering online, especially here...it’s a gamble.
Could anyone please be so kind as to look at the skirt & measurements and give me your opinion? The sizes change with each vendor & I’m just lost on this one.
Help!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie Skirt-A202154. HELP!

I have this skirt, bought it last year. I weigh 135# and my waist measures 32-33, hips about 41.  The waist on this skirt is very forgiving.  I have the medium. I can  pull the waist out a good 4 or 5 inches and it springs right back. Go by  your waist measurement and know that there is a lot of ease to this skirt. 

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

@Gemspirit  Bob and Mary both mention this skirt is very forgiving between elasticized waist and hip measurements with a good amount of diagonal stretch. I woud most definitely go with the medium in this case. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Honored Contributor

Yikes! there is good floral and bad floral when it comes to fashions. This one is a definite miss...looks like the floral design from gramma's curtains Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl~Have you seen the skirt in person? Because it’s a very pretty skirt and nothing like”Grandmas Curtains”! Put with a black dressy tee & gold jewelry will be beautiful. And, the white tee & black sandals or sneakers with a semiprecious stone necklace ( like a picture jasper or amber pendant on a long silver chain, will be perfect for daytime/casual. 

To to everyone else who gave me advice, you were all correct. The M fits perfectly! I liked it so much, I’m now getting the blue/green colour. I ordered his tee shirts which are lovely. And can wear the turquoise or white ones with it~with flip flops or, other low heeled sandals. A whole lot cooler than jeansor even crop pants in the hot Northeast summers. Thank you for your advice!