Honored Contributor

Bob Mackie New Items (Spring 2021)

Hmmm.... there are some new Bob Mackie items and I'm surprised that they are offered in size small through extra large and that's it.  I also noticed a size chart per item that.

product thumbnail 2

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=bob+mackie&currentPage=1&sort=Newest+First#plModule

That's a little different, it isn't it?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie New Items (Spring 2021)

[ Edited ]

Happy for those who love to shop Bob Mackie.  Confused as to why Linea by Louis Dell'Olio was discontinued when other designer brands that are not as popular are still out there on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow....I sometimes get a 1X for extra room ....I guess I won't be buying..

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Happy for those who love to shop Bob Mackie.  Confused as to why Linea by Louis Dell'Olio was discontinued when other designer brands that are not as popular are still out there on QVC.

@Linmo I really think it might have made a difference that Louis no longer appeared for his line.  When QVC went remote, it was an opportunity for him to be seen and not have to travel, but for whatever reason he decided not to do that.  It's only a guess, but I notice that Bob Mackie does still appear for his line.

As for the sizes, I think QVC buyers dictate that rather than the designer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tadaki wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo I really think it might have made a difference that Louis no longer appeared for his line.  When QVC went remote, it was an opportunity for him to be seen and not have to travel, but for whatever reason he decided not to do that.  It's only a guess, but I notice that Bob Mackie does still appear for his line.

@Linmo 

I asked him about that and he said he didn't want to take Jennifer's job away from her.

Not a good business decision.

He also said he didn't want to go leisure, jeans and t-shirts, even though he had a leisure line, he didn't expand on it by designing more casual clothing, the current style.

Had he been more flexible, he still might have a job, but, then I'm not very sure about that.  I think QVC has been looking for clothing appealing to younger buyers.  In comes Jason Wu.  

I am surprised Bob Mackie is still around.  Time will tell.  

Honored Contributor

I'm shocked.  And here I was thinking I should make a point to watch some of the established designers and not give all my attention to the new people.  Inclusive sizing is one of the top reasons I watch QVC.  Lose that and you lose me.  Hope this is some sort of aberration.  

Frequent Contributor

In looking at the new items, except for a zigzag print skirt and pants the rest are not prints, which is not typical of Bob Mackie. Combined with the reduction in size offerings, I'd say something is changing with his clothing line.

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I think  it is because QVC wants to push all those fashions made in China.  They got rid of all the REAL designers and substituted designer  "wanna-be's."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama thanks for alerting us that new Bob Mackie items are coming in.  I like his line, and ususally buy a few items every year.  I am surprised about the sizing issue, and wonder whether it is a shipment delay.  

Over at the logo forum, a poster was complaining that only plus sizes were available for a specific pair of petite pants, no missy sizes.  The "regular" length pants included both missy and plus sizes.  Her initial post was on April 8th.  The pants were presented on air with no mention (that I noticed) that only plus sizes were available in peitites.  I just took a look at the pants' availability, because of your post, and the other sizes are available now.  So my guess is it was a shipping issue, as those are being widely reported in regular media.  So if you are hoping for plus size Mackie, please don't give up!  We have to support our favorite designers so Q doesn't take them away and replace them with celebrity names!

This is a link to that thread. All sizes now in:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein/Did-anyone-purchase-these-jeans-A397393/m-p/6866...

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

it made a HUGE difference for me......and my purchasing of the LINEA line dropped off significantly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein